Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Bournemouth 0

110 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Monday 26th December, 2016 (UK time/date).

Regarding Matt's score prediction Might I suggest that we all keep posting the same thing pre match? Droy, as you were....

😉😉

In betting terms they say never to bet on the cup or at Christmas, tricky one to call..... though  for me 3-1

another 1-0 unless Bats is on fire to prove a point

Bournemouth, under Eddie Howe, are not a team to sit back and defend. Howe prefers to attack if possible. That means more space for our attackers and greater chances of quick counter-attacks for us. They'll be dangerous at times, but a more open game gives us a better chance of getting more than just another 1-0.

The loss of Costa and Kante will make this a tricky one but hopefully the momentum will carry us through this one. Pedro should be fresh as he didn't play at Palace and there are a few options in the Kante position. I'm going for a 3-2 win keep the neutrals happy.

I think if we had to pick one game in which to lose Kante and Costa, Bournemouth at home would have been right up there. The reason I say this is because they actually like to come out and play, which means I am not so worried about Cesc and Matic in the middle and I feel Hazard and the WB's will get more freedom so this should help with the goals. As for the score I am going 3-1. 

From what I can see we have:

Courtois

Azpilicueta-Luiz-Cahill

Moses-Fabregas-Matic-Alonso

Pedro-Batshuayi-Hazard

With Willian, Chalobah and Ivanovic as backup.

Still a fairly strong team even with two suspensions.

To honour the request we say the same thing as we usually do before the match, my concern is fatigue and injury ;-)... although with the idea that Hazard is playing again so soon after treatment, there is a little truth in there.

It might be tempting to pair up Hazard and Batshuayi, and use 3-5-2 to better protect the middle.