• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Bournemouth 0

11 hours ago, Leo de'Goti said:

This is not true - this game was one of the highest presses we've adopted this season......

I don't think so.  There were moments where we went into a short term very high press pushing up almost on the keeper but when that failed we then dropped into an ultra low block (as we have done on a number of times this season, and I approve).  But most of the time we put no pressure on opponents until they were within 10m from our box.

1 hour ago, OzzyCFC said:

(Kante and Luiz)  and Alonso

and Michy and Moses and Chalobah (and Eduardo)

Another win , another clean sheet and another demonstration that Conte thinks about what he wants and how to achieve it.  I was absolutely convinced that Michy would play and I'm sure so was Eddie Howe. , but no , we had  Hazard , Pedro and Willian all floating around.

Tip top.

Onwards and upwards. Let's beat Stoke and end the year on a high.

chelboy   
16 hours ago, CFC1966 said:

I thought it was a clean slate from 1st Jan?

There is but we play one more game before then. If Matic or Luiz gets booked in the Stoke game they miss Spurs. Clean slate starts from the Spurs game.

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't think so.  There were moments where we went into a short term very high press pushing up almost on the keeper but when that failed we then dropped into an ultra low block (as we have done on a number of times this season, and I approve).  But most of the time we put no pressure on opponents until they were within 10m from our box.

I'm sure it's a deliberate tactic when we do it but in this game it was actually a clever and, brilliantly, an attacking plan. Normally it invites pressure but in this game we knew it would take something special for them to break through so we simply waited for a mistake from them and pounced to counter with alarming speed. The second half was brutal for them and it was only our somewhat careless approach in their final third to towards getting a third goal at 2-0 that prevented them from taking an almighty beating.

kev61   

I have a week off and I'm bored😊.Having watched the game again we were slightly lucky that they didn't score two,they were clean through twice and good goalkeeping saved us.

However we were also unlucky not to bag a couple more ourselves - so what I'm saying is no matter what the opposition throw at us we seem to have a plan a,b and c..take a bow Antonio(I would still ditch that cardigan😀).

Ham   

I'm seriously surprised that Matic hasn't received more praise for his performance against Bournemouth.  His movement was excellent.

He constantly made himself available and his one and two touch football was sublime.

His passing was varied and accurate. He covered every inch of grass. I'm convinced that he has picked up a few tips from Kante as this was a very different performance from him. 

If anyone disagrees I would suggest that you watch the full game again and not just the MOTD highlights.

kev61   
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm seriously surprised that Matic hasn't received more praise for his performance against Bournemouth.  His movement was excellent.

He constantly made himself available and his one and two touch football was sublime.

His passing was varied and accurate. He covered every inch of grass. I'm convinced that he has picked up a few tips from Kante as this was a very different performance from him. 

If anyone disagrees I would suggest that you watch the full game again and not just the MOTD highlights.

I have to agree with this.He is(at the moment) what a lot of people think of Mikel...'a safe pair of hands without getting credit' - however the difference IMO is Milkel is an unsafe pair of hands and should be sold post haste.

kev61   

The good thing about Conte is if he was doing a jigsaw puzz!e of the anatomy of a football team he would know the arse from the elbow...changed days my friends.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ham said:

Matic has been in sublime form this season, and a lot of the credit goes to Conte, who has got our big-hitters back to their best, and even players like Pedro and Moses which nobody could have foreseen. This game proved once again that Fabregas struggles in a 2 and I'm afraid he'll be on the bench for the next one. We all know he's quality on the ball but the problem is when we don't have the ball he becomes a liability. That's just the plain old truth. 12 on the bounce is incredible, 28 scored and 2 conceded. Thought our front three combined excellently in this game and Conte showed his tactical prowess, to go with his man-management and his motivational mastery. What a manager.

• Like 1