Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Bournemouth 0

110 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

Presumably Moses and Alonso are to be added to those formations...

Well spotted. 

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I'm that effing confident! 

Of course! Sorry. Stupid of me,

Never thought the excitement and joy will come back to us so soon after last season.

Conte is like a gladiator, with the entire colosseum watching his every move. Will he bring in Fabregas,  will he push up our wing backs to dominate and suffocate Bournemouth, or will he lure them to the sword.

I feel as excited about the manager's tactics as I am about the team's performance.

3-0 to London's Finest. 

Edited by Blue Rod

50 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Never thought the excitement and joy will come back to us so soon after last season.

Conte is like a gladiator, with the entire colosseum watching his every move. Will he bring in Fabregas,  will he push up our wing backs to dominate and suffocate Bournemouth, or will he lure them to the sword.

I feel as excited about the manager's tactics as I am about the team's performance.

3-0 to London's Finest. 

Xmas fuelled optimism there Rod?

One more working day and then a week off.I hate Christmas day - for families and kids I understand it( my family are spread across the globe and I have to spend the entire day with my wife of thirty years😩)No my Christmas is all about boxing day; a full football schedule and a day in the pub! - 2 -0 to us.

50 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Xmas fuelled optimism there Rod?

Can't deny it, Pete. Spoke to someone who has worked at the Bridge  past 4 years. He says the atmosphere amongst staff is out of this planet. Happy Days. 

15 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I'm that effing confident! 

You were taking three players off whilst winning the other week.  

Could be a tricky one without Kante, but I think we should have enough. Bournemouth won't try and sit back with 6 in front of the keeper and even if they did I actually think that would help us as they are just not built to play that kind of football.

Will be a good open game I think.

P.S. Merry Christmas all, see you on the other side!

My guess is that Conte will go for only the two most needed changes, i.e., replacing Costa and Kante. The obvious replacement for Costa being Batshuyai (if he decides to simply go 'like-for-like'), but he has a number of alternatives to replace Kante: Fabregas, Chalobah or Loftus-Cheek, being the most likely, I guess. Alternatively, he could bring Zouma into the midfield, or indeed slot him into the back 3, with Luiz moving into the middle alongside Matic. My guess though is that he'll go for the most-obvious moves, and bring in Fabregas and Batshuyai.

As far as the game itself is concerned, I can't see us being beaten, and my pediction is for a 2-0/3-1 scoreline.

Always gives me a bad feeling when everybody's so cocksure of a win: been around far too long to not worry about every game!

Happy Chrimbo to one and all!

1 person likes this