Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Bournemouth 0

110 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2016 at 10:14 AM, Johnny Blue said:

Always gives me a bad feeling when everybody's so cocksure of a win: been around far too long to not worry about every game!

Happy Chrimbo to one and all!

Me too Johnny. Happy new year to you.

Chelsea team today: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Fabregas, Matic, Alonso; Willian, Hazard, Pedro.

WTf, after all the Bat talk in the press he doesn't even get a start, I feel so sorry for the guy, £33m down the drain, Conte wont even play him as a 2nd option behind costa, there really isn't any point in him being in the squad by the looks of it, poor guy must be so demoralised.

Chelsea subs v Bournemouth: Begovic, Ivanovic, Aina, Zouma, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Batshuayi

5 minutes ago, ripz said:

Chelsea team today: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Fabregas, Matic, Alonso; Willian, Hazard, Pedro.

WTf, after all the Bat talk in the press he doesn't even get a start, I feel so sorry for the guy, £33m down the drain, Conte wont even play him as a 2nd option behind costa, there really isn't any point in him being in the squad by the looks of it, poor guy must be so demoralised.

Chelsea subs v Bournemouth: Begovic, Ivanovic, Aina, Zouma, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Batshuayi

If you read between the lines, Conte said that Batman is doing well but still needs to improve. In Conte's judgement, Batman isn't good enough. Yet.

4 minutes ago, ripz said:

Indeed, what is exact is the point if he is not going to play even when Costa is injured . Not really liking this line up. Don't think false nine suits us.

I can only assume Conte wants to see how Bournemouth set themselves up and how we play less Kante and Costa, before sending players on with a definitive game plan.  Maybe he just wants to wear Bournemouth down first before pouncing, which could mean a very back-footed start.  Cue complaints about press...

Ridiculous decision, another player forced on the manager by the looks of things.

if that is the case then why send Torore out on loan, unless of course another decision made by the board.

even so Bats should be playing, instead of Willian

8 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Ridiculous decision, another player forced on the manager by the looks of things.

if that is the case then why send Torore out on loan, unless of course another decision made by the board.

even so Bats should be playing, instead of Willian

It asks the question how are we spending £32M on a player that the manager does not rate? Bizarre. Had he cost around £12M it would not be too bad but a £32M player not even 2nd choice striker? Very worrying. Maybe Conte is trying to send a message. I think its harsh on Bats.

If I was Bats I'd be putting in a transfer request straight after the game and demanding a January move. Conte probably wouldn't even be against it, I reckon we'd get £25m for him, there are plenty teams who will panic buy strikers in the window, add that to the Oscar money and we've got a big pile of cash for two players who Conte didn't see as first teamers.

3 minutes ago, ripz said:

If I was Bats I'd be putting in a transfer request straight after the game and demanding a January move. Conte probably wouldn't even be against it, I reckon we'd get £25m for him, there are plenty teams who will panic buy strikers in the window, add that to the Oscar money and we've got a big pile of cash for two players who Conte didn't see as first teamers.

I think it is too early for that. If Bats does not start a PL game all season then I think he should be worried. Maybe take a loan in the summer.