Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Stoke 2

156 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Stoke at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 31st December, 2016 (UK time/date).

One game at a time. The great thing about Conte being in charge is that we will never be complacent. We may lose games but it will never, ever be due to complacency.

We can DO this. 

47 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

1-1

Early goal expected now then. :-)

Courtois; Azlilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Costa, Hazard

Get into them Chels! 

16 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Courtois; Azlilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Costa, Hazard

Get into them Chels! 

Pedro will miss this match because of 5th yellow.

14 hours ago, blue_everest said:

Pedro will miss this match because of 5th yellow.

Right. That's annoying. Willian it is then. 

Team picks itself with Pedro suspended. 

Courtois - Azpi, Luiz, Cahill - Moses, Kanté, Matic, Alonso - Willian, Hazard - Costa

Bench: Begovic, Zouma, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Chalobah, Batshuayi, Terry/Aina/Loftus-Cheek

Can we just note , here and now that Charlie Adam is exactly "that" type of player.

I fear for Hazard.

I never like playing Stoke because they will happily kick us all over the pitch without a second thought for any injuries they may inflict. Hazard better have some decent shin pads!

In reality this should be another win for us, but I can't see Mark Hughes and his Stoke team making it easy for us. They will probably play the 6 at the back as a few others have tried recently and they do also pose a threat in attack so we'll need to be on our game - which I fully expect us to be, Conte won't allow anything else and neither it seems will the players, they clearly fully believe in Conte and are buying in to what he is trying to do. It's a lovely run at the moment and long may it continue (I hope).