• Current Donation Goals

Sciatika   
On 26/12/2016 at 10:20 PM, blue_everest said:

Pedro will miss this match because of 5th yellow.

I am confused. I see this commonly reported but I can only find four cards (West Ham(H), ManU(H), Sunderland(A) and Bournemouth(H)). Where was the other one?

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I am confused. I see this commonly reported but I can only find four cards (West Ham(H), ManU(H), Sunderland(A) and Bournemouth(H)). Where was the other one?

Dunno, but it's true

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions 

Matic and Luiz are one away too. 

Good. Arnautovic is banned too.

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Good. Arnautovic is banned too.

Stoke have got some funny players, who on their day can turn a game. He is one of those. Shaqiri is another. 

Sciatika   
28 minutes ago, jones said:

Yes, EFL cup bookings are included.

If we win and can avoid yellows on Matic and Luiz, it would be fantastic.

You're right. He was booked in the EFL Cup against Bristol Rovers.

The team picks itself. Fabregas is quality on the ball but he struggles in a midfield 2 for obvious reaasons. He'll be on the bench and is a very good option to have once the game is stretched and players are tiring. Pedro is banned unfortunately because he is in fine form. This may be controversial but I'd bring Costa back.

Ham   
9 minutes ago, Mr Marvellous said:

This may be controversial but I'd bring Costa back.

Marvellous. 

StebzAno   
46 minutes ago, Mr Marvellous said:

Pedro is banned unfortunately because he is in fine form.

ooofff! very cutting if I've read that correctly. ;-)

36 minutes ago, Ham said:

Marvellous. 

A Ham-ateur pun there?

You have to wonder whether we risk putting Luiz out there and taking a yellow for the Tottenham match.  Would be amazingly bad luck (or coincidence) getting the 5th the day before the cut-off.

• Like 1

jones   

Yeah, the Luiz and Matic situations are tricky. Conte is a one game at the time man. It is his philosophy, and going against it is risky. On the other hand, yellow cards would mean they not only miss Tottenham, but also run the risk of getting a two- and three match ban later in the season. If they escape yellows they are almost home free when it comes to yellow card suspensions this season. Stoke is a physical team, so you would expect duels and some hard tackles. Players might lose their focus and temper. Yellow cards will be shown.

Conte might drop Matic on behalf of Fabregas explaining it with the need for creativity over steel against a defensive team. Dropping Luiz though would certainly tell everyone he is not taking one game at the time, and I am pretty sure he won't risk muddling his crystal clear philosophy.

Edited by jones