• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Wednesday 4th January, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Neomaru   

Matic will start for sure in this one with Kante in the midfield 2.

I'm confident we'll beat them. 0-1 with a Costa goal

goldmase   

spurs surely will press high and quick, can see willy start, and Pedro come in when Spurs have a tired leg

Matic back in for Fabregas and the Pedro/Willian decision will be interesting. Willian did very well vs Stoke and has worked hard and got himself back in to form, however I just feel Pedro's form is too good to ignore and as he's had the rest he will probably just get the nod ahead of Willian.

Courtois

Azpi
Luiz
Cahill

Moses
Alonso

Matic
Kante

Pedro
Costa
Hazard

I think this one will be a draw - maybe 2-2. Spurs are going to be SO up for this.

41 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Matic back in for Fabregas and the Pedro/Willian decision will be interesting. Willian did very well vs Stoke and has worked hard and got himself back in to form, however I just feel Pedro's form is too good to ignore and as he's had the rest he will probably just get the nod ahead of Willian.

Courtois

Azpi
Luiz
Cahill

Moses
Alonso

Matic
Kante

Pedro
Costa
Hazard

I think this one will be a draw - maybe 2-2. Spurs are going to be SO up for this.

Yeah I agree with pretty much all of this. However, I am more uncertain about the score as this is a game that could go any way in my opinion. However, if we were to win this, I reckon it would be a big psychological blow to our rivals, as they have been hanging in with us and probably see this as there big chance to get back at us/see the tide turn against us. 

1 hour ago, chelsea_matt said:

1-1

Thank you 😎

Jasonb   

Spurs I expect to be challenging, they are just starting to fire up again with Kane and Alli looking dangerous once more.

We know after last season with us deflating their push for the title in a bad tempered match that they will consider this as a grudge match and so will their fans.

The Spurs fans are not vocally as good as the Scousers yet when they are on song it seems to lift the players and possibly influence refs.

Should be a cracking match I hope we score first.

ripz   

very tough game, we all know how Spurs will start, hopefully we're more prepared for their high press and don't play too many stupid balls from Courtois to Azpi and get stuck in the corner flag. I think we can out muscle them so Courtois needs to get the ball cleared.

Spurs have just beaten Southampton 4-1 away and Watford 4-1 away, so they're on top form, hopefully they've used up their goalscoring luck in the last 2 games.

almost impossible score to call, anything but a loss will do. If we're not losing after half an hour I'll be more confident.

• Like 1

This team played us really smart the last time around. Small details turned the game in our favour but it could easily have  gone the other way. 

I think Fabregas should start over Matic. Last time around they just passed around or behind Matic, making him ineffective. He simply matches up badly against them because their system is designed to play direct balls through the middle and then out to the wide men. He doesn't have the positional sense of Kante to deal with them, nor does he have the stamina or mobility of a Essien. Neither does Fabregas but Fab is seven times better going forward.  

Another reason to start Fabregas is that Moses and Alonso will be pegged down most of the match. I expect 5 at the back for the majority of the game. That leaves our midfield two to provide creativity from our end to their end. Fab is the man for that. Once we get the ball to Costa or Hazard anything can happen. 

• Like 1