• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

Recommended Posts

Blue Rod   

I have already made my point in the earlier forum (on Stoke) that Matic should start over Fabregas at WHL. I think the real decision is between Willian and Pedro. Pedro has been one of our best performers in this fantastic run, while Willian is coming into great form. He was brilliant against Bournemouth, then took it to another level against Stoke.

Both have pace, but Willian can actually run well with or without the ball, whereas Pedro seems to do better running on to the ball. When both players are in form, Willian is a grade above Pedro in all round performance. One thing that also persuades me overwhelmingly in favour of Willian, is his ability to move the ball in small, tight spaces. Here he is close to the same level as Hazard. That is what helps you gain some control in the match when you are under pressure. Pedro is way down the grade in this area.

General fighting spirit may slightly also favour Willian. Pedro thrives when we are attacking. We have to prepare some trench battles in this one. Willian may be one of our smallest, but he has abundance of strength physically and mentally.

Over to you, Conte. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with most on here that its gonna be a tough one. Strangely I think Stoke was good preperation as they were playing the ball well through our midfield all pulling us out of position. Its exactly what I thought spurs did at the home game to good effect in the first half.

We haven't done well there in recent seasons including the 3-5 which I went to and we didn't play badly they just played even better, We need to be clinical in this one and pose a threat to stop them building pressure.Erikssen is a player who I think is a danger as he seems good at moving the ball on quickly and accurately plus picking a final ball. 

I wont be dissapointed with a draw with this one but we are due a win there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

I agree with most on here that its gonna be a tough one. Strangely I think Stoke was good preperation as they were playing the ball well through our midfield all pulling us out of position. Its exactly what I thought spurs did at the home game to good effect in the first half.

We haven't done well there in recent seasons including the 3-5 which I went to and we didn't play badly they just played even better, We need to be clinical in this one and pose a threat to stop them building pressure.Erikssen is a player who I think is a danger as he seems good at moving the ball on quickly and accurately plus picking a final ball. 

I wont be dissapointed with a draw with this one but we are due a win there.

 

 

2012 was the last time. It used to be '3 Point Lane'... time for a return to those days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

2012 was the last time. It used to be '3 Point Lane'... time for a return to those days!

To be fair it is only three games and two of the three were crediable draws - particularly as one came last season when we where shocking. Additionally, in the last seven games (including cup games) it is: W2, L1, D4. So whilst not quite the halcyon days of 86-06 it is not shocking considering they are meant to be a top team. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spurs lose this, they go 9 points behind and you can pretty much say their title hopes  expectations are over again.

So expect another over aggressive and violent first half followed by a bitter, vicious and violent 2nd half as they lose their grip again.  Plus we will get the bigger fine again!

And if Spurs do win,  take 3 points from us, and if this leads to us not winning the title, it will be City that takes it by the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

 they are hitting their peak this season going into this game and they are gonna be up for this even more after last season at the bridge

And we're not? Have some confidence. Don't you think we'll have all the incentive we need to take Arsenal's proud boast from them? That must count for something ... 

Edited by blue moon
correction of brainstorm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Spurs lose this, they go 9 points behind and you can pretty much say their title hopes  expectations are over again.

So expect another over aggressive and violent first half followed by a bitter, vicious and violent 2nd half as they lose their grip again.  Plus we will get the bigger fine again!

And if Spurs do win,  take 3 points from us, and if this leads to us not winning the title, it will be City that takes it by the end of the season.

Spurs are 10 points behind, if they lose they would be 13 behind.

You really think City can win this title?

I dont think their manager understands this league and when CL starts again City will drop even more points. I dont even think they will make top 4. They look the weakest out of the top 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Spurs lose this, they go 9 points behind and you can pretty much say their title hopes  expectations are over again.

So expect another over aggressive and violent first half followed by a bitter, vicious and violent 2nd half as they lose their grip again.  Plus we will get the bigger fine again!

And if Spurs do win,  take 3 points from us, and if this leads to us not winning the title, it will be City that takes it by the end of the season.

Strangely I can deal with it being City rather than one of the others, hopefully Spurs dont win and we dont collapse though. Its what the media are hoping for of course so that their Liverpool can do it of course ignoring the fact that none of their squad has really been involved in a title win of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

This team played us really smart the last time around. Small details turned the game in our favour but it could easily have  gone the other way. 

I think Fabregas should start over Matic. Last time around they just passed around or behind Matic, making him ineffective. He simply matches up badly against them because their system is designed to play direct balls through the middle and then out to the wide men. He doesn't have the positional sense of Kante to deal with them, nor does he have the stamina or mobility of a Essien. Neither does Fabregas but Fab is seven times better going forward.  

Another reason to start Fabregas is that Moses and Alonso will be pegged down most of the match. I expect 5 at the back for the majority of the game. That leaves our midfield two to provide creativity from our end to their end. Fab is the man for that. Once we get the ball to Costa or Hazard anything can happen. 

I agree with Fabergas. Yes our defence need to be intact but, their defence is very shaky, as they've conceded a goal in almost every match.

2-0 , I have a feeling Pedro and Hazard will score in this match.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Spurs are 10 points behind, if they lose they would be 13 behind.

You really think City can win this title?

I dont think their manager understands this league and when CL starts again City will drop even more points. I dont even think they will make top 4. They look the weakest out of the top 6.

Sorry I'm getting the table confused and getting too excited about the opportunity to ruin Spurs season.

City?  They are the only club with better players than us.  Therefore they are the only club that could overtake us IMO.  No one else has a chance.  

But yes Pep is their problem - he doesn't seem to have understood how tough the PL is.  Moreover he seems to be concentrating on the CL in a way you can in Spain or Germany.  

But it seems to me,  a complete reversal of approach by a manager can happen quite suddenly, whereas a complete change in ability by a dozen or so players never happens, and no squad is overwhelmed by fitness issues right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.