• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

Faramir   
On 1/4/2017 at 5:01 PM, bluecueball said:

One of those games. Spurs played well and nothing we did came off; doesn't mean the squad is now useless. I'm sure Conte sees opportunities to strengthen but let's take a moment to savour what this team achieved, in an extremely competitive league. Proud of them.

Agree with this.

Faramir   
On 1/5/2017 at 8:01 AM, fillerywhereru said:

Thats spot on, Id have matic on 7 though he was better than expected. I'm not going to criticise Courtouis for the second as he's been very god recently and all keepers make mistakes. The first goal was a great ball much like Azpilequetas at Palace.

Two headed goals which only becomes a problem if it continues. One game at a time as its been all through the purple patch but I think we can afford a maximum of two more defeats if we are to win the league

Draws are like defeats when the teams around you are winning their games.

Apart from Swansea (our only draw) we have won every game against teams out of the top 6.

Faramir   
On 1/5/2017 at 8:58 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

So you chose to critisice the player who didn't really have the responsibility to put Eriksen under pressure? Why is that then? 

Kante and Alonso for the first. Alonso and Cahill for the second. If you want to put blame on Matic you may as well blame Costa or Hazard or even Mikel in the stands for not putting Eriksen under pressure. 

You're grasping at straws really. 

Funikly enough, most seem to think Matic was either our best player or at least played well. The noisy minority continues to blame him for basically being a Chelsea player it seems. 

Yep. Mikel had such a poor game they shipped him off to China.

chelboy   

I saw somewhere that Tottenham are unbeaten at home in London derbies under Poch which is pretty impressive if its true. In order to beat them away we need at least 9/10 performance from most players. 

Edited by chelboy

Sea foot   
2 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Crazy overreaction and panic from some in here. If we turn up listless and don't get a result at Leicester then MAYBE start to worry but at this juncture? No. Just no.

Pretty much my take on it, and nice to see juncture make an appearance. ;-)

2 hours ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Crazy overreaction and panic from some in here. If we turn up listless and don't get a result at Leicester then MAYBE start to worry but at this juncture? No. Just no.

I missed that - can you give me some examples of panic?

PVP   
On 07/01/2017 at 10:08 AM, Droy was my hero said:

4 posts in 7 years if the activity listed on your profile is right.

All 4 about me.  That is weird.

Quantity doesn't necessarily equate to quality as many of your posts demonstrate. Take this gem for instance

"it will be over much sooner, perhaps very soon. I feel revolt in the team. Conte should quit...."

I call that panic.

Edited by PVP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PVP said:

Quantity doesn't necessarily equate to quality as many of your posts demonstrate. Take this gem for instance

"it will be over much sooner, perhaps very soon. I feel revolt in the team. Conte should quit...."

I call that panic.

5 posts in 7 years all about me now.

Actually you don't link to the whole post  (or the ... punchline to what was also a joke) - pity- the post was quite good.
Yes I didn't imagine Conte could ever reverse tactics so quickly in the next game - though I did credit him for that when he did.  But the rest of the post, about just how good our players are was very spot on.  And panic or at least rapid reaction was necessary and we are all glad to say did happen.

On 9 January 2017 at 8:54 AM, PVP said:

I call that panic.

Oooooops...