Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 2 Chelsea 0

300 posts in this topic

I have a feeling that, having watched how desperate SKY are for us to lose this and open up the Premier League title race that the Premier League will be exerting pressure on the PGMOL to get the result the "league" requires.

I fully expect us to get dicked by the ref even more than usual in this game , they'll be kicking us like it wins them points and the ref will be immune to it all. 

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I have a feeling that, having watched how desperate SKY are for us to lose this and open up the Premier League title race that the Premier League will be exerting pressure on the PGMOL to get the result the "league" requires.

I fully expect us to get dicked by the ref even more than usual in this game , they'll be kicking us like it wins them points and the ref will be immune to it all. 

Absolute bullshit mate. Total fantasy if you think a referee can go out, blatantly cheat and give everything in Spurs favour and get away with it. This doesn't happen in real life. 

1 person likes this

Alonso a doubt. Who replaces him? Zouma in the back 3 and Azpi on the left?

8 minutes ago, Scooba said:

Alonso a doubt. Who replaces him? Zouma in the back 3 and Azpi on the left?

That or Kenedy. Cannot see any other options. However, I reckon Alonso will be given an injection and play. 

2 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

That or Kenedy. Cannot see any other options. However, I reckon Alonso will be given an injection and play. 

Didn't Conte say a while back that, after some substitutions in one of the games, it was an interesting experiment to see Pedro play LWB?

18 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Didn't Conte say a while back that, after some substitutions in one of the games, it was an interesting experiment to see Pedro play LWB?

😦 if Conte can identify and make that work then he is a genius coach!

This will sound a little harsh, but I feel Pedro is one of those players who is almost a luxury. Not in the style of Fabregas, but more in respect of how well he gets on the end of things. That's his greatest strength for me, I would keep him as far away from any build up play as possible . A non striker version of Michael Owen for me. 

its 2-0 win for us!! there is no definition of losing 

1 hour ago, Scooba said:

Absolute bullshit mate. Total fantasy if you think a referee can go out, blatantly cheat and give everything in Spurs favour and get away with it. This doesn't happen in real life. 

That's not what I said.

All it takes is a tackle that if we were on the end of it that would be deemed "a coming together" being given as a penalty and red card that would then be rubber stamped in the studio, probably by Glen Hoddle and Graeme Souness and we're up against it.

Then you add in the old , "every tackle we make deemed a booking " and "every yellow card tackle they make allowed to stand " switcheroo and again we're on the back foot.

It's a subtle art .

Look back at last year's game , they kicked and kicked and pulled and spoiled and we ended up with an FA charge as we had so many players booked which was seen to have contributed to us failing to control our players.

1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

😦 if Conte can identify and make that work then he is a genius coach!

This will sound a little harsh, but I feel Pedro is one of those players who is almost a luxury. Not in the style of Fabregas, but more in respect of how well he gets on the end of things. That's his greatest strength for me, I would keep him as far away from any build up play as possible . A non striker version of Michael Owen for me. 

Odd comment I feel. Pedro has very good link up play with Hazard, Cesc, Costa and Moses. He is very useful in build up play. Rarely ever slows things down and is always aware of other players movements. I do agree his greatest strength is probably his movement and ability to find weaknesses in defence.