• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
exiledblue

Dave

Consistently excellent, whole-heated, skillful, play-anywhere......perfect player!

paulw66   

I like this thread. Everyone agreeing. Great player, great bloke, bargain transfer. 

Someone start bickering............

Sea foot   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I like this thread. Everyone agreeing. Great player, great bloke, bargain transfer. 

Someone start bickering

Ok if I must. I don't like calling him Dave. Is Cesar too difficult for us English.

Seriously though, what a bargain. Very rarely has a poor game. Some people ask how we can't find good players cheaply like other teams. Well, look no further.

JaneB   
5 hours ago, Richard Redmond said:

Consistently excellent, whole-heated, skillful, play-anywhere......perfect player!

As I said earlier, 'hot' ;-)

kev61   

An unsung player with a great attitude - a bit like Paulo Ferreira.Now Janeb, I've been married for 30 years(with a woman) but have you ever seen such a handsome man than Paulo? - a George Clooney look - a - like ha ha.

JaneB   
15 hours ago, kev61 said:

An unsung player with a great attitude - a bit like Paulo Ferreira.Now Janeb, I've been married for 30 years(with a woman) but have you ever seen such a handsome man than Paulo? - a George Clooney look - a - like ha ha.

Goodness me Kev you must be psychic!  Paulo Ferreira is absolutely drop dead gorgeous and a thoroughly nice bloke.  No one better looking has ever played for Chelsea.  There's been a bit of competition although beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course..............Carlo Cuducini, Enrique De Lucas, Ruud with those dreadlocks to name but a few, and of the current crop, Dave of course, Cesc is lovely and Michy Batshuayi is pretty nice.

However, having said all that, maybe no one can beat the man himself in his prime when he first joined us all those years ago.  I knew women who weren't the least bit interested in football but they knew who Jose Mourinho was.  He was like a film star, a la George Clooney!!  Utterly irresistible.

Still, I'm warming to my theme a bit too much here and going very much off topic.

Congrats on the 30 years by the way :-)

Edited by JaneB

Agree with everybody else, a great player, versatile and a credit to the club.

However, not sure about the unsung hero, underrated stuff, I think he is generally recognised and appreciated for his ability and contribution by both fans and media.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

No one better looking has ever played for Chelsea.  

Not even Ricky Carvalho? Thought he was an old flame of yours?

4 hours ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Agree with everybody else, a great player, versatile and a credit to the club.

However, not sure about the unsung hero, underrated stuff, I think he is generally recognised and appreciated for his ability and contribution by both fans and media.

Agreed. I don't think he's the least bit of underrated. I actually think he's closer to being overrated than underrated. 

Very, very good player but by no means "complete". He's an 8/10 or 8.5/10 for me. Given the money we paid for him he's been an astonishing signing mind so it's hardly critisism. 

On 11 January 2017 at 10:49 PM, JaneB said:

As I said earlier, 'hot' ;-)

Dang!