• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Peterborough 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup match against Peterborough at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The Mods will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Sunday 8th January, 2017 (UK time/date).

Well we don't have the luxury of a squad to go for this properly. So we will have to give the squad players a go here. Given that both JT and RLC are still injured: 

Begovic; Ivanovic, Zouma, Cahill; Aina, Chalobah, Fabregas, Azpilicueta; Willian, Batsuahyi, Pedro

That should say something about the depth we don't have. 

33 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well we don't have the luxury of a squad to go for this properly. So we will have to give the squad players a go here. Given that both JT and RLC are still injured: 

Begovic; Ivanovic, Zouma, Cahill; Aina, Chalobah, Fabregas, Azpilicueta; Willian, Batsuahyi, Pedro

?? So we could pick 8 players who didn't start yesterday and still have JT and RLC to spare (21).  Aina (and RLC) being the only U21s.

Just try doing that last year without 6 or 7  U21s in the team.  Or ask half a dozen people who can think for themselves.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

?? So we could pick 8 players who didn't start yesterday and still have JT and RLC to spare (21).  Aina (and RLC) being the only U21s.

Just try doing that last year without 6 or 7  U21s in the team.  Or ask half a dozen people who can think for themselves.

I can't think for myself now? I've already showed you the squad is equal in depth this season compared to last. But you have a funny way of dodging indisputable facts.

Not that I have any idea what your response has to do with my original claim - that we have no depth now. Whatever depth you think we had last season has nothing to do with what depth we have this season.

This is getting boring beyond belief. I'll make this easy for you.

Bye. 

16 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Will we still play 3 at the back for this game?

Good question. I think we should because we can try a different combination. I would like to see Zouma given a chance on the right side of a three. I'd like Moses rested and maybe give Dave the wing back role. I'd be really interested to see how those two players coped in those positions. I'm sure Ivan could do a job in a back three but for me we need to look to the future and Ivan isn't it. With Cahill, luiz and Zouma we would certainly have no height problems back there. 

^ Yeah, Zouma could definitely solve the height issue at RCB. But his ball-playing skills aren't the best. 

I think that's an issue that runs through most of our squad to be honest. We really only have two top top players in Hazard and Costa. The rest are all found wanting in one area or another. So whatever squad we had in 04-07, we are certainly a long way off that standard today compared to the best teams on the continent and at home. 

Still - I agree, would love to see Zouma at RCB for this one. 

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Maybe Kenedy will play LWB? That would mean he isn't going out on loan though. 

So long as Costa and Hazard are nowhere near the field, I will be reasonably happy. 

StebzAno   
14 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I'm sure they'd appreciate getting some time on the pitch, but can't see Conte making this many changes.  However that said, I would like to see some bench players or bench potentials starting, to get them up to speed with the rest of the first team.  We could do with some competition in defence and I think Azpilicueta has played every minute of the season available.  If Zouma is ready, then that would be ideal.  As someone said elsewhere Ivanovic is not a long term solution so I'm not sure we'd gain anything putting him on unless we really needed to.  For sure, no Hazard for this fixture please.

It will be interesting to see how much of an appearance Bats will make, assuming he will(?).  Rumours are, that he will be going out on loan to clock up some playing time, as Conte still doesn't yet have confidence in him.

Jasonb   

After our 13 winning match streak coming to an end I would have thought maintaining confidence with a healthy win was key.

With this in mind I would suggest minimal changes.

The last thing we want is another Bradford type result after the loss to Spurs.