Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Peterborough 1

155 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

It makes a change to see that although it's not on tv in this country, this game will be on tv in other countries,meaning it will be streamed

http://liveonsat.com/los_soc_br_uk_irish_CUP.php

Most, if not quite all, games are streamed: pre-season and obscure cup competitions are often hard to find, and it can sometimes involve a lot of false starts, but I usually get something in the end. Patience and Linux are your friends!

Begovic; Azpi, Cahill, Zouma; Aina, Chalobah, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Batshuayi, Pedro. 

I think that will be the team that starts today. 

Not the team we'll pick, but I'd go with the following in a 3-5-2

Begovic; Zouma, Ivanovic, Terry; Aina, Chalobah, Fabregas, RLC, Willian; Costa, Batshuayi 

Rationale -  all players that have played regularly to get a rest with the exception of Costa.  5 in midfield makes it easier for Chalobah and RLC.  2 up top gives Michy some support whilst keeping our main goal threat in Costa. 

Team to face Peterborough: Begovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Cahill, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Pedro, Batshuayi, Willian

Today's subs: Eduardo, Azpilicueta, Aina, Kante, Moses, Hazard, Diego Costa.

Zouma,Terry,Ivano,Chalob,Bats all starting. Liking the lineup, Loftus LWB ?? Surprised Aina not in ahead of RLC or fitted in somewhere

Edited by ripz

Pedro LWB , RLC part of the front 3. Hope Aina gets some minutes. Ivan at RWB is a concern. Lets see how he does.

Whose playing Luiz role? Terry or Zouma my money's on Zuma, Terry is better as a marker

23 minutes ago, ripz said:

Team to face Peterborough: Begovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Cahill, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Pedro, Batshuayi, Willian

Today's subs: Eduardo, Azpilicueta, Aina, Kante, Moses, Hazard, Diego Costa.

Zouma,Terry,Ivano,Chalob,Bats all starting. Liking the lineup, Loftus LWB ?? Surprised Aina not in ahead of RLC or fitted in somewhere.  Plus not starting in either team we have Eduardo and till days ago we had Oscar and Mikel.

9 new starters, of which just one is U21.  I can't remember last time the squad was this big. Massive squad by our standards.  Still poorly balanced though - three of them are CBs and just one spare strike.  

I have never seen Aina as a proper squad member, RLC is well behind all the others in the squad, and Aina is somewhere between him and the younger teams.

5 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Whose playing Luiz role? Terry or Zouma my money's on Zuma, Terry is better as a marker

Zouma is poor with the ball, so he won't bet a ball playing role. 
But I'd expect a back 4 with both FBs expected to go forward.  We are playing Peterborough after all.  Who the full backs are is the intriguing question.  Ivanovic by default.  And at LB - I would go for JT simply because he is the player who has the skills to do it best in a PL game (as well as being best in the middle organising.  But it might go to the pace of Zouma.

If 3 CBs, JT at the back and Pedro and Ivanovic at FB (though I'd like to see Willian at RWB - he should be tested there since he is a very good candidate for first choice there).

6 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

Most, if not quite all, games are streamed: pre-season and obscure cup competitions are often hard to find, and it can sometimes involve a lot of false starts, but I usually get something in the end. Patience and Linux are your friends!

thanks for that, found it on fox usa. luckily my provider gives us 150 various sports channels from all around the world as part of the package. Not bad for 10 euro's a month!