Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daniël040

Pub before the game

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I'm a Chelsea fan from the Netherlands (I have a season ticket at PSV Eindhoven). 11 March I'm going to my first game of Chelsea. My question is if somebody of you guys know a good pub near the stadium where is beers and singing and 'hardcore' fans. (such a pity SoBar is closed..) I hope on replay. 

8 hours ago, Daniël040 said:

Hey guys, 

I'm a Chelsea fan from the Netherlands (I have a season ticket at PSV Eindhoven). 11 March I'm going to my first game of Chelsea. My question is if somebody of you guys know a good pub near the stadium where is beers and singing and 'hardcore' fans. (such a pity SoBar is closed..) I hope on replay. 

Bootsy Brogans near Fulham Broadway station has a good atmosphere. The Black Bull on Fulham Road is probably the most atmospheric but you need to take out a free membership before visiting on a matchday.  

There used to be decent pubs near Earl's Court station but they've all closed due to the Earl's Court redevelopment. 

Good luck and enjoy the game. 

The Black Bull has changed its name to The Chelsea Pensioner, but it's still good in there. In fact it's probably better, you get a really good atmosphere before and after games, singing and they play loads of ska music. That would be my recommendation. Try to get there a couple of hours before kick off as it gets busy.

Its just up the road from Stamford Bridge very easy to find.

11th March, that's the Watford game right?

2 hours ago, Jonny_CFC said:

The Black Bull has changed its name to The Chelsea Pensioner, but it's still good in there. In fact it's probably better, you get a really good atmosphere before and after games, singing and they play loads of ska music. That would be my recommendation. Try to get there a couple of hours before kick off as it gets busy.

Its just up the road from Stamford Bridge very easy to find.

I walk past it all the time but never noticed the name change!  Still membership only though isn't it?

On 16 January 2017 at 10:05 PM, Ham said:

I walk past it all the time but never noticed the name change!  Still membership only though isn't it?

I don't think it is now, I haven't been asked for membership.

I think that was when it was using the Black Bull name, I remember having to join a membership scheme back then.

Deffo worth a look on match days as they make an effort to try and get an atmosphere going, play some decent music in there, well Madness, Specials, Jam, Clash if you like that kind of thing.

Think it still requires membership - see http://www.thechelseapensioner.co.uk/chelsea-match-days/. You fill in a form, and the message appears: "Dear member, Welcome to The Chelsea Pensioner, the home of real entertainment before and after Chelsea FC home match. Here are few things that you should know - Doors open 4 hours before KICK OFF - Your membership guarantees entry only 2 hours before KICK OFF ( subject to availability ). Please take this seriously as we tend to get busy very early - Please play by the rules and respect management and our security team"

Thought so. Just signed up to a membership.