• Current Donation Goals

Do it Matt , do it.

Sea foot   

Getting nervous now Matt. Not sure if I want you to do it or not. :-)

kev61   

An impressive win would be great after the spuds game - a win without being impressive would be alright - a loss or a draw and playing poorly would slightly depress me.

On 9 January 2017 at 2:48 PM, paulw66 said:

Willian or Pedro

Fabregas or Matic

the rest picks itself. 

Not so sure... After Alonso's and Kante's drop in form I wouldn't rule out;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Matic, Fabregas, Pedro; Willian, Costa, Hazard

Moses is also in a form dip at the moment but still streets ahead Ivanovic in that position.

Big game this. As with the Man U game earlier in the season, a chance for catharsis.

We all remember the fateful trip to Leicester last season. Jose's last game, Hazard hobbling off, and it all coming to an ugly head.

Coming off a loss (in the league) makes it that much more important to get back to winning ways, bank another 3 points, and putting pressure on the rest of the chasing pack.

Important game for 2 of our first teamers. Kante goes back to the scene of former glory. The Leicester fans will, hilariously, boo him. It's important he puts that aside and shows them, first hand, what they're missing. He needs to dominate this game, and I expect him to.

Another who needs to dominate is Hazard. As mentioned, he hobbled off last season and was unfairly blamed for not being able to hack it. He's coming off a few quiet games, by his standards, and needs to start to up his levels for the second half of the season. We need him to be in top form if we want to win the league. That needs to start on Saturday.

Leicester will not be easy, we know that. They'll sit back, defend in numbers, and break with speed. It's a late Saturday kick off, so it'll be that little bit colder, that little darker, and that little bit noisier. We're slightly fortunate in that they're missing Mahrez, Musa, and Slimani due to the ACON, but in Vardy, Okazaki, and Ulloa, they still have good options.

Tough game. A test of character and resolve. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Not so sure... After Alonso's and Kante's drop in form I wouldn't rule out;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Matic, Fabregas, Pedro; Willian, Costa, Hazard

Moses is also in a form dip at the moment but still streets ahead Ivanovic in that position.

Alonso concerns me a bit. Kante is fine and is doing really well, the last game was an issue and he and Matic came off second best against a physically impressive duo (Wanyama & Dembele - who probably both played at their respective peak in that game).

If you watch S***s first goal we have three players matched up against two of theirs (Eriksson & Walker), two of the three go towards Walker, who already has our third (Alonso) covering him. To my mind the other two do this as they suspect Alonso can't deal with Walker. This leaves Eriksson space enough to look up see that our entire back line had moved left (look at Luiz's position, marking space!) and pick out the goal scorer at his leisure.

You would assume that we'll not be facing a combination of opposition full backs at Leicester (or most other places) that have the pace, ability and the form of S***s full backs. However, my own view having watched all bar one of our league games this season, is that Alonso is not the long-term answer as a first choice wing-back in Conte's system. We don't have that person in our staff at the moment for me. I also believe that Matic is the long-term answer, but he's doing OK right now. The right man will be a combination of Fabregas's vision, willingness/ability to accept the ball in tight spaces and passing, plus the physicality of a fit and in his prime Micheal Essien. That's a tough wishlist!!

Hopeful, but not completely confident for Saturday. Them missing Mahrez is a positive for them, he's been poor and lazy this season for me. Okazaki has been the opposite of him. 

I'm reading today that Ake was recalled as Alonso has an injury that is "worrying" us , so the good points you made above may be because they knew he was injured , there were rumblings pre game that he wouldn't play iirc.

It would explain it for sure.

2 hours ago, East Lower said:

Alonso concerns me a bit. Kante is fine and is doing really well, the last game was an issue and he and Matic came off second best against a physically impressive duo (Wanyama & Dembele - who probably both played at their respective peak in that game).

If you watch S***s first goal we have three players matched up against two of theirs (Eriksson & Walker), two of the three go towards Walker, who already has our third (Alonso) covering him. To my mind the other two do this as they suspect Alonso can't deal with Walker. This leaves Eriksson space enough to look up see that our entire back line had moved left (look at Luiz's position, marking space!) and pick out the goal scorer at his leisure.

You would assume that we'll not be facing a combination of opposition full backs at Leicester (or most other places) that have the pace, ability and the form of S***s full backs. However, my own view having watched all bar one of our league games this season, is that Alonso is not the long-term answer as a first choice wing-back in Conte's system. We don't have that person in our staff at the moment for me. I also believe that Matic is the long-term answer, but he's doing OK right now. The right man will be a combination of Fabregas's vision, willingness/ability to accept the ball in tight spaces and passing, plus the physicality of a fit and in his prime Micheal Essien. That's a tough wishlist!!

Hopeful, but not completely confident for Saturday. Them missing Mahrez is a positive for them, he's been poor and lazy this season for me. Okazaki has been the opposite of him. 

Whoops, should have said 'Matic is not the long-term answer'.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm reading today that Ake was recalled as Alonso has an injury that is "worrying" us , so the good points you made above may be because they knew he was injured , there were rumblings pre game that he wouldn't play iirc.

It would explain it for sure.

^I think Conte went so far out of his way to avoid saying Ake might play LWB that it had to be a clue that Alonso was a concern - either for injury or form, or just back up.