• Current Donation Goals

I think with the Belgians its not unfair to be honest, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Hazard, Benteke all are capable of eye catching brilliance. But all are capable of padding about and not looking like they want to take any responsibility. Weve seen it with Hazard this season awesome in some games (home to Everton and Utd for instance) but where was he when we needed him to step up against Liverpool and Spurs? I'm ignoring the Arsenal game as I dont think he really had the opportunity to there.

Faramir   
3 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I think with the Belgians its not unfair to be honest, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Hazard, Benteke all are capable of eye catching brilliance. But all are capable of padding about and not looking like they want to take any responsibility. Weve seen it with Hazard this season awesome in some games (home to Everton and Utd for instance) but where was he when we needed him to step up against Liverpool and Spurs? I'm ignoring the Arsenal game as I dont think he really had the opportunity to there.

I'll just counter with the same statement:

'Finding fault with players based on their nationality is highly suspect. It would be easy to pick any nation and look at their players with a negative lens.'

Too busy to defend Hazard right now. Just a quick comment on the Spurs game. Hazard needs the ball and he is not good at tackling and winning it for himself. Once we went down by two goals our passing became very poor. I've noticed that Hazard is a player that keeps his composure. He needed more of his teammates to do the same. Not easy to do in high pressure games against direct rivals when you've just gone 2 goals down.

4 hours ago, Faramir said:

I'll just counter with the same statement:

'Finding fault with players based on their nationality is highly suspect. It would be easy to pick any nation and look at their players with a negative lens.'

Too busy to defend Hazard right now. Just a quick comment on the Spurs game. Hazard needs the ball and he is not good at tackling and winning it for himself. Once we went down by two goals our passing became very poor. I've noticed that Hazard is a player that keeps his composure. He needed more of his teammates to do the same. Not easy to do in high pressure games against direct rivals when you've just gone 2 goals down.

Change 'nationality' with 'culture' and it's much harder to argue against it. 

Look at Dutch players, look at Scandinavian players. They are all coloured by national cultures and norms. Would be weird if they weren't. 

In the case of the Belgians, it may also be a product of that NT having been a 'young up and coming side' for a while. They may have boutht into their own hype a bit too much too soon. 

^Which Belgian culture.  French, Dutch or 1st/2nd generation immigrant.

It seems to me that 2nd generation immigrant is the best culture to have - hungry and not yet on the gameboy (or whatever it is) lying on the sofa.

28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

^Which Belgian culture.  French, Dutch or 1st/2nd generation immigrant.

It seems to me that 2nd generation immigrant is the best culture to have - hungry and not yet on the gameboy (or whatever it is) lying on the sofa.

There's a massive Waloon influence , and that's just on this forum.

In any case Hazard might be a Walloon, but Courtois is a Fleming and Batshuayi and Musonda are Bruxellois. So more a case of a massive influence of sprouts - which might explain the atmosphere on this forum at times

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

There's a massive Waloon influence , and that's just on this forum.

Rather childish.  Have you taken up name calling as your remaining method of attack?

Ham   

Apropos of absolutely nothing, who liked these two? 

FB_IMG_1483841698459.jpg