Michael Tucker

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3

226 posts in this topic

An Alonso injury was /is always going to be the acid test of this squad/system in my opinion.

Do we have a natural left back/ wing back as back up who has proved himself at least as a left back? No, we have right footed Dave. He was the one playing at left back up till Arsenal game. Dave is now an essential part of our back three.

Do we have anyone who can do a job in the meantime? I think we do ( Ake, Pedro, Kennedy, Babba R) but none are ideal.... however who knows, I never thought Moses would be such a great wing back but he was! 

One thing is for sure, you cannot carry an injury in that position because it is brutal. Alonso has no real pace so with an injury  he would be compromise very quickly.

I would bring in Chalobah for Matic and Willian for Pedro. The rest picks itself.

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

I would bring in Chalobah for Matic and Willian for Pedro. The rest picks itself.

Willian has been trolling Begovic on social media recently, with some vids of some decent shots that beat him during training.  No doubt such confidence might be tempting for a start against Leicester.  I do notice though that the Willians shots were on the left side of the penalty arc so not sure how often he'll get into that position.

6 : 0 to Chelsea.

Torres hatrick.

Sorry. Got a bit nostalgic for a moment. Was it Torres the Blue?

1 person likes this

:-)

Tough game this, Leicester are showing signs of improvement and we just lost our first league match in ages. Hopefully we get the bit between our teeth and grind out a win. Maybe Ake will come straight in, if so dont expect too much and do expect teams to target the his lack of height.

My best guess would be the injury part is true and the 'blazing row' is an easy story to go alongside. He was laughing and joking on the bench with Conte just last week and of course has had a two week rest. At least we should get some answers tomorrow when the team is announced.