Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Hull City 0

207 posts in this topic

I know what it's like to have a brain  operation - ended my days playing football.I wish him a speedy recovery.

35 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Sorry Jane what operation? I've obviously missed something.

A bleed on the brain. The surgery releases pressure on the brain. 

On Fabregas, can't he play the front 3 role like he did at Barca playing behind the striker? I think his end product in the final third would be immense. Hazard was really off in this game. Doesnt take on his playersand lose the ball frequently. I kind of feel Fabregas can be an option for Hazard, Willian, and Pedro. Only question is his physicality in those areas. Creativity and final passing is a given and I happen to believe he will assist immensely a lot from those positions nearer to goal.

12 hours ago, chelboy said:

Against Liverpool and Arsenal Cesc has to start. I would switch to 352. If we go with Matic and Kante we will see another Spurs 2-0 defeat type of game. We will lose control in the midfield. When we started with 343 early on Matic and Kante ball distribution was very good. Games against United, Leicester and Spurs at home they passed the ball very well. Recently on the ball they have been worrying. Liverpool are going to press is like crazy and I think they know with Matic and Kante there they can pressure them into poor passes. We would need a calm head like Cesc right from the start otherwise control would be lost and they would be all over us.

Agreed 110%

Important win, leaves us some room for dropped points against Pool and Arsenal. Two draws anyone?

Regarding the ref I thought it was a comical performance, but there seems to be a lot of them nowadays.

If you reversed every decision he made I think no one would have complained too much - goal for Costa, pen for Pedro, pen for Hull, second yellow for Davies and so on. In the future he should to the opposite to what his brain tells him, would improve him as a ref.

This was as tough as I expected after watching the away fixture. They were there wherever our player popped up. Not many teams in the league can cope with our movements and switch of play, Hull did. In the end quality and experience decided it.

I liked the way Moses tricked them with his low cross, and the way Alonso fooled them into expecting a deeper high cross. Hull were gulping up every high cross we threw at them, and a change was needed. Moses provided it. 

I don't pay much attention to the talk of the hard luck. Yes, Alonso's kick on Abel was a penalty. But those who harp on about it should also add that Costa was wrongly flagged offside when he went through for a one on one with their keeper.

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If the manager seriously thinks the team is more solid with out him then why on earth, at 70 mins, when we finally decided to sit on a 1 goal lead and wait for a Hull onslaught, and gave up the idea of playing attacking football for the second, why oh why, did he bring Fabregas on then?

It's quite easy. He plays Kante and Matic as that combo is more solid. When he brought Fabregas on, he replaced Hazard, and played an extra man in midfield. If he has been subbed on for Matic or Kante, you would have had a point. 

14 hours ago, chelboy said:

I actually think Alonso would be our best set piece taker. He should be taking corners and free kicks. He has a great cross on him. Players with good crossing or long range passing are usually  good corner kick takers or indirect free kick takers.

Too good in the air to take corners IMO

10 hours ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Terrible news about Mason, hopefully he makes a swift recovery. 

Well, how much sympathy would there have been had Hazard gone off on a stretcher in the 2-2 game with Spurs last season. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish that on anyone, but sometimes karma catches up with you. 

8 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

Fabregas is proving why he needs to play each game

Then again, eight points clear is proving why Conte doesn't need to change things up.