Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Hull City 0

207 posts in this topic

On paper this should be a straightforward game for us, but as we all know in the PL you can never take any game for granted and that's where I think Conte has improved us so much - we genuinely play one game at a time and treat each game with respect.

Inevitably we will drop points against one of the weaker teams, but I don't think it will be this one - Costa going to be out to make a point tomorrow!

Team picks itself.

Some idiots in the media think Costa will get a hostile reception from us. No chance, if he plays Diego Diego, sure he will score!

Beautiful Liverpool game today, great 2nd half to watch, pray now that City beat Spurs for a perfect Saturday.

Yep but on the other hand Swanseas win will make Hull desperate for any points they can get. Actually makes this game potentially harder for us. Every game is a scrap from now on in we have got to work harder than ever.

Liverpool drop three, Man Utd drop two.  Hopefully city and spuds will cancel each other out and drop two each as well.  Mind the gap!

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Yep but on the other hand Swanseas win will make Hull desperate for any points they can get. Actually makes this game potentially harder for us. Every game is a scrap from now on in we have got to work harder than ever.

It takes some serious self-flagellation to take Swansea beating Liverpool as a negative.  I'm proud of you.  True commitment to the cause, and we don't even kick off till tomorrow.  We all know full well that every fan has to approach each and every game with the appropriate "fear the worst" worry otherwise it will all go pear-shaped.

Edited by Droy was my hero

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

It takes some serious self-flagellation to take Swansea beating Liverpool as a negative.  I'm proud of you.  True commitment to the cause, and we don't even kick off till tomorrow.  We all know full well that every fan has to approach each and every game with the appropriate "fear the worst" worry otherwise it will all go pear-shaped.

Yup. Just about sums up my attitude, based on an extensive experience of our results since the late fifties...

2 hours ago, StebzAno said:

Liverpool drop three, Man Utd drop two.  Hopefully city and spuds will cancel each other out and drop two each as well.  Mind the gap!

Some great results so far, with the six-pointer ending in stalemate.  Would I be pushing it to ask Burnley to do one over Arsenal?

1 minute ago, StebzAno said:

Some great results so far, with the six-pointer ending in stalemate.  Would I be pushing it to ask Burnley to do one over Arsenal?

Burnley have a terrible away record and the Emirates is probably too big for their helms deep approach to come off. Main priority is no complacency in our performance tomorrow and wrap up 3 points. Hope Diego plays even more so because I can see him playing like a man possessed if he gets on and that should lift the rest. He has said previously the press are on his back here and I am sure he'll be hell bent on proving a point even if elements of the story are true. 

Fantastic day for us and puts us in a strong position before the very difficult fixtures we have in the next few weeks.