Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Hull City 0

207 posts in this topic

That was hard.

Need few Full games for Willian or he is gone by next summer. The poor chap is out of confidence and perhaps we are partly to blame.

9 minutes ago, kev61 said:

We look much better since Fabregas came on

Always. 

Game changer was Cesc. I said earlier on we needed him. He brings  control to the midfield. His ball distribution is amazing. He knows when to calm it down. When to pass forward. Top player. I think they would have drawn if it wasnt for Cesc. Very lucky to get away with the pen, no clue what Alonso was thinking stupid tackle. Disappointed with Kante and Hazard. Kante is still getting decent tackles in but on the ball he is poor. Either Hazard is injured or something is wrong. Last few performances he has played in a different gear to the team. Walking around for many parts. Not taking on defenders etc. Its been like that for a while now. Other than the Bournemouth game few weeks ago he has had quiet games. Hull played well but we could have played much better.

Of course Fabregas looks good when he comes on late, that's the whole point! Against a poor team who are tiring and throwing men forward is the perfect scenario for him. 

6 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Of course Fabregas looks good when he comes on late, that's the whole point! Against a poor team who are tiring and throwing men forward is the perfect scenario for him. 

This.

I'm not a huge fan of Cesc Fabregas (largely because of his history with Arsenal), but why on earth is this guy not starting for us PRESENTLY?!

To me its pretty simple. Kante and Matic aint great.. Cesc does well whenever he comes on.. Hull city at home.. Why not start the guy.

I have called for his exclusion in the past, especially in the tighter games where his lack of athleticism is a huge weakness to us, but presently the midfield isn't great at carving out chances. And its hull city at home ffs!

10 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Great plan.. Except Matic and Kante have tailed off a bit recently and aren't making much of an impact from the start of the game...

2 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Great plan.. Except Matic and Kante have tailed off a bit recently and aren't making much of an impact from the start of the game...

Matic has been excellent although I agree Kante hasn't been at his best. I personally prefer to start how we are, if we get the goals we need then great, if not then Fabregas is an excellent player to come on and make the difference. We absolutely dominated them first half today and if the ref is competent (haha) we are out of sight. 

Antother game where we looked vastly superior in almost every position, but not much better as a team.

I do hope JT was watching closely.  If he can learn how to dematerialise as an opponent runs through, just think of how many Red cards he can avoid.  Luiz too got caught, how shall we call it, standing in the wrong place for the referee.  Both should watch the expert.

1 hour ago, earthshine said:

Ignoring the penalty for a second ; How many Corners I think 4 or 6 and NOT one Decent Delivery? Top pros can't do that. Its Not the Managers Fault its the Individuals fault.

Willian can take set pieces well, corners not so well.  Fabregas takes both superbly.  It is odd to see Hazard and Pedro doing both poorly.
Another assist by Fabregas, and the next best chance from his pass through to Costa soon after.

12 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

To me its pretty simple. Kante and Matic aint great.. Cesc does well whenever he comes on.. Hull city at home.. Why not start the guy.

Kante is still pretty good, just watch how close he gets to opponents, forcing them to turn around and stopping the momentum of the attack, while still not overcommitting or getting beaten. He really is expert in this.

But I am even more mystified by Fabregas coming on than I was with him not starting.  If the manager seriously thinks the team is more solid with out him then why on earth, at 70 mins, when we finally decided to sit on a 1 goal lead and wait for a Hull onslaught, and gave up the idea of playing attacking football for the second, why oh why, did he bring Fabregas on then?

Edited by Droy was my hero

2 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Personally I think Matic has been very good and Kante has been poor , I like Fabregas but still think we're getting the best out of him by utilizing him when the opposition is tiring.

I feel like I've been saying this for years but we need to work on our set piece delivery , for a team chock full of stellar players it's truly abysmal and its making games we dominate harder to put to bed.

Hazard is also worrying me , he's been below parr for a while now , I wonder if he's carrying another injury or whether he's fed up getting no protection whatsoever from the most inept bunch of referees in football history?

Either way I wouldn't be against Pedro and Willian starting with Eden benched , just to see if that does the trick .