• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Hull City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30, Sunday 22nd January, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

This will not be a cakewalk , they've won twice recently and didn't disgrace themselves against Utd and in Abel Hernandez they have a quality striker.

We're playing after everyone this week so we may go into it having to win to keep the gap or may even be better off.

Costa plays I expect and I'm hoping for goals .

3-0

paulw66   

Not a cakewalk, but a 3-0 win................

Personally can't wait to see 19. Diego Costa back in the line up. 

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not a cakewalk, but a 3-0 win................

Personally can't wait to see 19. Diego Costa back in the line up. 

Lol.I thought that afterwards... what I meant to say is I am confident we'll win but we'll have to work devilishly hard for it.

paulw66   
26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lol.I thought that afterwards... what I meant to say is I am confident we'll win but we'll have to work devilishly hard for it.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be shocked if we won 5-0

So... I suppose we'll see;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Costa, Hazard

If Costa is still inured then Willian comes in and Hazard moves to 9. 

StebzAno   

Another 'happy families' pic taken from the training ground... (including Costa).  If there was indeed any hostilities over the last week or so, it looks to be patched up now in time for Hull.  Hopefully we can continue our winning run part II, all the way to Anfield.

Easy game to get complacent about. If it was a couple of weeks ago, I would be very confident, but with Hull experiencing a bit of a new manager bounce, this could be quite tricky. Having said that, one feature of our long winning streak was the ability to approach each game with intensity and concentration. We need to ensure that we're 'on it' and that's where Conte comes in.

Hoping Costa comes in as well, and gets on the score sheet. Hope he gets a nice warm welcome too; there's absolutely no need for booing or anything silly like that.

Would also consider starting Fabregas for this. It's the sort of game he should flourish in. Maybe Conte will go tried and tested and introduce him later to influence the game accordingly.

The other choice is between Pedro and Willian. I'd probably go with Pedro, who's been especially productive at home. Willian to start at Anfield. 

Got to treat every game equally, we saw with Stoke a few weeks back that you have to work for every game and focus. Of course we should have enough to wiin this one, Despite playing last this weekend its all about us, 3 points and whatever they all did doesnt matter whether its a last minute 1-0 or a 4-0 romp. And when the odd poor result innevitably happens bouncing straight back is just as important. Beating one of the bigger teams doesnt matter when you drop points the week after and they win.

paulw66   

Fully fit squad to pick from. 

TC, Cahill, Azpi, Luiz, Moses, Alonso, Kante, Matic, Pedro, Hazard, Costa

Subs Bego, JT, Zouma, Fabregas, Willian, Batschuyai, Chalobah

That would leave unused: Ivanovic, Aina, RLC, Ake, Kenedy

Wouldn't surprise me if Zouma or JT were left out as there isn't generally a need for 2 CBs on the bench.

I was thinking it might be a game to rotate, but surely that will come next Saturday instead.