Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Brentford 0

182 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 4th Round match against Brentford at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 28th January, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Bego, Ake, Zouma, JT, Pedro, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Chalobah, RLC, Willian, Batshuyai

I'd be tempted to play 2 up front with Costa and Bats to allow Costa to gain some real momentum again before the big matches ahead. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I'd be tempted to play 2 up front with Costa and Bats to allow Costa to gain some real momentum again before the big matches ahead. 

With Liverpool away just 3 days later, I think we would be mad to pick Costa in this one. 

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

With Liverpool away just 3 days later, I think we would be mad to pick Costa in this one. 

A quick hat trick and off at half time. 😊

Nice bit of rotation for this one in the lead up to Liverpool and Arsenal.

Really would be nice to see Bats get 90 minutes here, Fabregas as well.

I'd like to see a full "2nd team" get a chance to build together.  I'd have Pedro in and keep Willian for Liverpool

Begovic

Aina - Ivan -Terry - Zouma - Ake    

Chalobah - Fabregas

Pedro - Bats - RLC    

not a bad team for a 2nd X1, especially the def considering how weak we were last season, Ivan,Terry,Zouma as a backup 3 :)

Edited by ripz

I thinknthis is exactly the type of game to play our second string with Liverpool and Arsenal following quickly after, I reckon the team will be something like: 

Begovic, Bane, Zouma, JT, Aina, Ake, Nate, Cesc/Matic, RLC, Pedro/Willian, Bats 

Subs: Eduardo, Cahill, Dave, Kante, Pedro/Willian, Hazard, Costa

A full change of eleven is a big risk also. Could completely come undone, which would be a little embarrassing. On the flip side, we've got some really important games coming up that take priority. 

Would like to see Musonda maybe getting a look in. Otherwise I expect considerable changes all this given. Would like to see 352 being used with such changes likely to be had for added stability.