• Current Donation Goals

Yep I think getting the right mix here is important, local derby and team from the division below so not too weak but dont ruin them for a match on Tuesday.

Begovic

Ivanovic Zouma Terry

Aina                           Ake

Fabregas Chalobah

Willian                       RLC

Batshuayi

3-0 win - Fabregas, RLC x2

Ham   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Begovic

Ivanovic Zouma Terry

Aina                           Ake

Fabregas Chalobah

Willian                       RLC

Batshuayi

3-0 win - Fabregas, RLC x2

Poor old Batshuayi can't even score in the number 9 position in our imaginations 

😔

On 1/24/2017 at 3:39 AM, ripz said:

I'd like to see a full "2nd team" get a chance to build together.  I'd have Pedro in and keep Willian for Liverpool

Begovic

Aina - Ivan -Terry - Zouma - Ake    

Chalobah - Fabregas

Pedro - Bats - RLC    

not a bad team for a 2nd X1, especially the def considering how weak we were last season, Ivan,Terry,Zouma as a backup 3 :)

Yes, all change for this one, and that's the team for me (with Zouma at RCB, Bran at CB and JT at LCB).

Pedro starts, meaning Willian starts at Anfield. All change is a bit of a risk, but with 2 crucial league games in 5 days, we have to keep the first XI fresh.

Should be a good test and a good workout. I wouldn't even mind a replay as it allows the second XI more playing time which they hardly get. But yeah, let's win this first and then look ahead. 

Begovic

Aina JT Zooms

Pedro RLC Chalobah Akè

Willy      Bats     Solanke

paulw66   

No chance Aina plays CB.

Solanke I think is a lost cause because of his contract situation 

Possibly Kenedy to get a run out? 

Sciatika   

-----------Bego

----- Zouma -- JT -- Ake

Aina----Cesc----Chalobah----Kenedy

---Willian----Batshuayi----RLC

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

-----------Bego

----- Zouma -- JT -- Ake

Aina----Cesc----Chalobah----Kenedy

---Willian----Batshuayi----RLC

Musonda in Willian's place please

StebzAno   

I always find it interesting seeing the various lineups posters put up for the cup matches, and who people want to see 'make it into the trials'. You have to wonder if Mr "take each game at a time", is actually keeping in mind next Tuesday.  Does he protect key players from harm, or keep them in form by playing them?

I think it's a given that Begovic and Bats will play the extremes, very likely Bats will be supported by RLC and Willian/Pedro, and equally Cesc and Chalobah playing central.  I imagine other 'trialists' will come on as subs for these positions.

It's who to play at the back and supporting the wing that will be a curious one.  Zouma and JT yes, but would Ivanovic now be focused on his move out to Russia already?, should we keep someone back from the regular starters.  I would be surprised if Conte starts both Ake and Aina, although expect to see one of them at the start.