Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 Brentford 0

182 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Sciatika said:

-----------Bego

----- Zouma -- JT -- Ake

Aina----Cesc----Chalobah----Kenedy

---Willian----Batshuayi----RLC

I reckon you have the team almost spot on here. The only slightly less secure players are begovic and Kenedy. Begovic seems like he's gone and not sure what Conte thinks of Kenedy yet. 

23 hours ago, Sciatika said:

-----------Bego

----- Zouma -- JT -- Ake

Aina----Cesc----Chalobah----Kenedy

---Willian----Batshuayi----RLC

"Tomorrow it’s an opportunity for me to see many players that are not playing, but we want to win and go into the next step. I try to make the best decision with our team tomorrow"

Conte has also practically confirmed Begovic, Bats and Ake.

So I'd probably agree with Sciatika the most, although I have doubts on Aina and Kenedy based on "but we want to win", as there would be too many changes towards a team of 'trailists', who may be too keen to prove themselves..  So perhaps Ivanovic will make a final(?) appearance behind Willian, with Pedro supporting RLC.

This is the team I'd go fo. Same 3-4-3 shape. The likes of Moses, Hazard, Aonso, etc., on the bench just in case.

Begovic

Zouma

Terry

Cahill

Aina

Ake

Chalobah

Fabregas

Loftus-Cheek

Willian

Batshuayi

Hmm..on paper a no brainer but this is the CUP however much it has slipped in importance. A lower, London side, with nothing to lose and probably fired up to "do what's necessary" (ie kick lumps out of the opposition)

Basically the old "Romance of The Cup" scenario, will be "interesting". Remember the last meeting?

Anyone left at Brentford from last time?...Luiz incident remembered by them?

Good point Chara that was an unsavoury incident.

I'd wager the following;

Begovic; Zouma, JT, Ake; Moses, Fabregas, Chalobah, Pedro; Willian, Batsuahyi, Loftus-Cheek

The doubts I have surrounds the wing backs Moses/Aina and Pedro/Ake/Kenedy, but also the LCB Ake/Cahill. 

I guess it all comes down to how Conte sees Ake's usefulness. Is he a CB, a WB or back up CM? He needs to get a main position and then used to fill gaps when required. Also, would it make sense to bring back Ake to play as a LCB when we have Christiansen waiting in the wings? Maybe Conte sees him as a LWB? 

My hope and starting XI I'd prefer would be;

Begovic; Zouma, JT, Ake; Aina, Fabregas, Chalobah, Kenedy; Willian, Batsuahyi, Loftus-Cheek

7 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The doubts I have surrounds the wing backs Moses/Aina and Pedro/Ake/Kenedy, but also the LCB Ake/Cahill. 

I guess it all comes down to how Conte sees Ake's usefulness. Is he a CB, a WB or back up CM? He needs to get a main position and then used to fill gaps when required. Also, would it make sense to bring back Ake to play as a LCB when we have Christiansen waiting in the wings? Maybe Conte sees him as a LWB? 

Well, from all reports Conte is of the opinion that Aké is best suited to a CM position. However, I suppose during his loan at Bournemouth showed his effectiveness at playing CB when called upon. For us, I think CB it possibly the most likely role we'll see him in, despite his lack of size. Playing LB and LWB are two completely different situations, therefore I don't see him playing LWB because he doesn't quite have the characteristics suited for it imo. While the midfield positions are somewhat taken already by Fabregas and Chalobah as next in line, unless we switch to 352, then a position opens up. 

We won't get a better chance of the double, don't mess this game up

Conte is awesome!

Klopp changes most of his Liverpool side and they crash out of the FA Cup 1-2 at home to Wolves.

Conte changes part of his side and sets up the 'squad' players to have success. He blends a determination to win, with a balanced team, and opportunities for players to come in to the side and prove themselves under favourable conditions.

C'mon you Blues!

Edited by Faramir