Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

292 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

"Not discussing it". 

That's what we've all been doing for 3 years.  "Not discussing it". 

See what I mean.

36 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Whisper it quietly - the players have been playing the biggest part

'Players' usually do, since they're the one's out on the pitch for 90+ minutes every game. That doesn't mean (and it never has meant) that the manager has little/no contribution to the collective effort. Otherwise, clubs would just appoint cheap and nasty coaches, and let the players get on with it. They don't. For very good reason.

Conte may have a role in why our players are great individuals this season, and he might have fought vigorously to have enough players to change around and experiment.

May? 'Might have'? I doubt that you can be serious.

But it is not tactics that is the main cause of our success.

So, please exlain what is (even if I'm pretty sure where you're heading with this!).

1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

'Players' usually do, since they're the one's out on the pitch for 90+ minutes every game. That doesn't mean (and it never has meant) that the manager has little/no contribution to the collective effort. Otherwise, clubs would just appoint cheap and nasty coaches, and let the players get on with it. They don't. For very good reason.

So we agree then.  Mostly the players, some Conte.  Good.

1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

Probably did if you like.  But it isn't something we can know, just guess.

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

So, please exlain what is (even if I'm pretty sure where you're heading with this!).

Well so you should be - I did explain why in the same post:

46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

the mismatch between our players and oppo players continues to be greater than the mismatch at team level.

MT  - if you disagree by all means explain why, and even better take up an alternate position.  Just asking me to repeat what I just wrote is getting nowhere.

42 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Absolutely gobsmacked by what you've quoted, the guy is deluded, seriously!  But as you've said before I guess we need respect different posters opinions *rolls eyes*.  Have fun trying to get a sensible answer to your questions Michael, but wouldn't hold your breath.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I think it is the grammatical structure that confused you.  Try reading it again.

Apropos of absolutely nothing, Groundhog Day is a good film isn't it? 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

More proof of point - you are totally unable to conduct a discussion about anything - just a stream of distraction.  Again and again.

34 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ah yes, great film, haven't seen that one for ages... although funnily enough, it feels like I have ?

46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Try reading it again.

Trust me on this -  once was more than enough.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Leading by 9 points is a surprise.  But competing was clearly probable - all the top players we had in 14/15, plus Kante, and enough numbers to cover for injuries and tiredness.  No need to re-write history this soon

Why jump back that far without mentioning the shite that was 15/16? Competing 2 years later was clearly probably because... of Kante only?

What was the reason why we didn't compete last season, why was it not clearly probable that we'd at least put up some sort of showing in defence of our title?