Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

292 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Ah yes, great film, haven't seen that one for ages... although funnily enough, it feels like I have ?

Very good..... Or have I already said that? 

Don't know what made me think of that film. 

8 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

The reverse of that would be an equally valid observation regarding your own view on JM though. His successes when he first arrived are a long time back now and last season was unremittingly dreadful. 

If you're claiming we did not play free-flowing football between August 2013 to February 2015 I'll call you a liar. A big fat liar with an agenda against the manager at the time, spouting critisism with absolutely zero foundation in reality. 

There I've said it. It can hardly be expressed any clearer and even though you may mask an alternative view with some lame rubbish like "oh but it's my opinion" it's rubbish and deep down you know it. 

End of. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

More proof of point - you are totally unable to conduct a discussion about anything - just a stream of distraction.  Again and again.

Get over yourself Zsa Zsa.  Not everything is about you.  I saw an article in the Express today. 

Paranoid much? 

Screenshot_20170202-232427.png

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If you're claiming we did not play free-flowing football between August 2013 to February 2015 I'll call you a liar. A big fat liar with an agenda against the manager at the time, spouting critisism with absolutely zero foundation in reality. 

There I've said it. It can hardly be expressed any clearer and even though you may mask an alternative view with some lame rubbish like "oh but it's my opinion" it's rubbish and deep down you know it. 

End of. 

If we played "free flowing football" it was by accident rather than design IMO,no "agenda" just an opinion.

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Dave, you're getting into a dangerous (and personal) area here (again). No need for it - he's simply expressing his opinion. Disagree all you like, but If you can't do that without resorting to insults, then you best stop whilst it's still your decision.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Trust me on this -  once was more than enough.

Trust me - you read it wrong.  And they call me stubborn.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

Leading by 9 points is a surprise.  But competing was clearly probable - all the top players we had in 14/15, plus Kante, and enough numbers to cover for injuries and tiredness.  No need to re-write history this soon

Why jump back that far without mentioning the shite that was 15/16? Competing 2 years later was clearly probably because... of Kante only?

What was the reason why we didn't compete last season, why was it not clearly probable that we'd at least put up some sort of showing in defence of our title? 

?? Read the very words you quote.  
Much of the misunderstanding of this season goes straight back to a misunderstanding of last season where a great manager and a great set of star players failed simply because there were too few players.  Those who blame the players and those who blame the manager struggle to understand this season.

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

If we played "free flowing football" it was by accident rather than design IMO,no "agenda" just an opinion.

By the way we never played "free flowing football" under Mourhino,we won titles with his now outdated mind numbing football that other teams has cotton on to.

15 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Agree about the creativity thing. I'd like to have Cesc in the middle more. I am not sure pace is the issue. You need energy to press effectively but pace not so much. Willian is not as good at pressing as Kante, but he has a lot more pace.

The reason Matic and preferred to Fabregas is the tactical fit. It's no secret that Conte utilises a system that is tactically very intensive, as expected from an Italian manager and confirmed by a number of players who've spoken about it in training. This requires certain players to follow set instructions within the system so it functions as designed. When one or two players don't do this, or can't, gaps begin to appear and the system falls by the wayside. Matic simply suits the system better in an overall capacity. That's not to discredit Fabregas at all, he's just someone that works better within a system where he's got more freedom and less responsibility defensively and tactically. 

In saying that, since Fabregas has been dropped he's worked hard to take chances he's been afforded and still managed to have a rather solid season performance wise. The catch is, there's a certain time and place for both players. In game where we'll dominate possession and aren't likely to be heavily troubled, Fabregas makes sense. However in games when it's important to remain tactically organised and disciplined, Matic is the better fit. That allows us a solid foundation to start with, then if the game calls for it later on Conte can introduce Fabregas to give us a better edge in the final third. Then it's just a matter of how much risk the manager wishes to take, be it a straight swap with Matic or to play together in a three man midfield with Kante. Just like with Conte's selection of Pedro at WB on a few occasions. That's something you do depending on the opposition and match difficulty. 

If Fabregas was a slightly better all round player, think Marchisio or Vidal, then he'd likely be ahead of Matic or we'd be playing 352. Unfortunately, he's not and therefore has been managed accordingly. 

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Dave, you're getting into a dangerous (and personal) area here (again). No need for it - he's simply expressing his opinion. Disagree all you like, but If you can't do that without resorting to insults, then you best stop whilst it's still your decision.

Hi Michael. I respectfully disagree calling someone a liar is an insult. I've seen far, far worse on here pass without as much as an raised eyebrow. I'd say it's my opinion that Pete is lying. 

By any objective measure what he's saying is a lie. It's simply not true regardless of how he's dressing it up as his opinion. And we both know why he's saying it. 

If we are to start passing any outlandish statement clearly made to instigate a heated discussion under the pretence that "it's my opinion" we are effectively leaving it open for people to troll the boards without being called out. Respectfully, I have seen yourself react quite strong and personal to other posters who've been equally unreasonable. So I must say I do feel your reaction to my post is a little bit unfair. 

But you're the admin so I'll have to try and take what you say onboard - which I will.