Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

292 posts in this topic

Yep you feel if we start slowly it could go wrong for us. Just dont want to see a sterile performance like at Tottenham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A top match beckoning for me I'd pick Willian over Pedro. His speed and coverage around the pitch will be needed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speed and coverage are two of the biggest things you'd credit Pedro for, plus he's bang in form at the moment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd personally consider Pedro and Willian with Hazard off the bench... based on current form. Controversial I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind you Hazard is nicely rested and owes us a big game against one of the top 4 so perhaps he should start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'd personally consider Pedro and Willian with Hazard off the bench... based on current form. Controversial I know.

A Hazard fully rested from kicks and punches must play. Pedro seems to carry more goal threat than Willian from open play these days. However, Willian does better at keeping possession, and has better strength on the ball, even when not fully back to form. I just have this feeling that Willian needs one big game to return to the Willian we know. This could be that game.  I expect both to feature, the question being who starts and who comes on, and when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Willian I love is the one we got against Brentford , driving forward and putting the fear of God into the defence .

I'm sure it's team orders but I'd like his shackles removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Willian I love is the one we got against Brentford , driving forward and putting the fear of God into the defence .

I'm sure it's team orders but I'd like his shackles removed.

Like the way he keeps the ball under his control when driving at opponents. Rarely overruns. Actually if there is one thing Liverpool are poor at, its defending against opposition running at them.  

It's looking like one of those games which is likely to be won by exploiting your opponents weaknesses more so than maximising your own strengths. In other words a more tactical game than at the Bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

A Hazard fully rested from kicks and punches must play. Pedro seems to carry more goal threat than Willian from open play these days. However, Willian does better at keeping possession, and has better strength on the ball, even when not fully back to form. I just have this feeling that Willian needs one big game to return to the Willian we know. This could be that game.  I expect both to feature, the question being who starts and who comes on, and when.

I just feel he might be better off having another rest - he'll only have had a little over a week off. Use him off the bench for 20-30 mins and save him for Arsenal and then the run in? Hazard just looks absolutely shattered to me.

I'm confident Pedro and Willian would do a more the decent enough job tomorrow if we went that way.

P.S. I don't expect this to happen, I expect Hazard and Pedro to start and I won't be upset if that is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Teams that have beaten or taken points from Liverpool have taken the game to them.  They are the worst at defending, amongst the top team.  I want to see us play like we're at the Bridge. Once you allow waves and waves of attack, with their crowd joining in, you're giving away the game.  

This a agree with.They bottle it when put under pressure a bit like us last year.An early week session in the pub with my Liverpool buddies beckons and to be honest they are a good bunch of lads(and one woman)that know their football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.