Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

292 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Willian I love is the one we got against Brentford , driving forward and putting the fear of God into the defence .

I'm sure it's team orders but I'd like his shackles removed.

Very well put.Willian is one of my favourite players,when he slaloms past tackles like he did against Brentford is what you pay admission for.

In terms of refereeing, I think we are up against it. Mark Clattenburg is the official referee of the Premier League. So, if the powers that be are worried about Chelsea running away with the title, they have a man to do a job.

So we'll have TV and radio pundits wetting their pants and kicking every ball for their Liverpool while commentating on a parallel game to the one we're watching, the Anfield crowd, and now a referee to "safeguard" the competition. No pressure on us then. 

Edited by Blue Rod

26 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

In terms of refereeing, I think we are up against it. Mark Clattenburg is the official referee of the Premier League. So, if the powers that be are worried about Chelsea running away with the title, they have a man to do a job.

"The"? I always thought there were loads of 'em? Or was that irony?

On 1/30/2017 at 11:03 AM, Blue Rod said:

Teams that have beaten or taken points from Liverpool have taken the game to them.  They are the worst at defending, amongst the top team.  I want to see us play like we're at the Bridge. Once you allow waves and waves of attack, with their crowd joining in, you're giving away the game.  

Agree absolutely Rod.

23 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Agree absolutely Rod.

Well we won up there in 2014 by sitting back and defending. We won there in 2014/15 despite shipping an early goal. 

Whatever happens early on, composure is the key 

Poignant inversion of fixtures here, with the Liverpool and Arsenal games earlier in the season proving the catalyst for season defining change. As with a few other fixtures this season (Man U at home & Leicester away), the next 2 games are opportunities for catharsis.

Liverpool only know how to play one way, and as most are aware, they're at their most dangerous when they've lost possession and press immediately. They've been hurt by teams looking to go long and therefore bypassing their press. I do think we need to do the same, and we certainly have the players to run into space.

The team sheet seems easy enough; go with the tried and tested. But having said that, if you want someone on the ball to immediately ping the ball forward, there's no better in the world than Fabregas. But then, can you play him in a 2? Do you switch it all up and play 3 in the middle? I think Conte will keep it as it is, having options up his sleeve to change the game later on. 

Willian over Pedro for me. It's not an easy choice but Pedro had his turn against Spurs, so I think Willian deserves a go here. He's also that little bit quicker and more robust, albeit lacking Pedro's sharpness in front of goal. 

A point's a good result here. A win would be tremendous. 

Edited by A Blue Essien

I always get the shivers when it's Liverpool away.. I want us to win THAT much. 

Are we live on Sky this evening? I'll predict their studios to be extremely red as per usual.

Starting to get really nervous and as always when I get nervous I'm getting a bad feeling about the result... 

A win here would be massive. Absolutely massive and would send a very strong signal to the rest of the teams. 

Come on you blue boys! 

1 hour ago, Sir said:

I always get the shivers when it's Liverpool away.. I want us to win THAT much. 

Are we live on Sky this evening? I'll predict their studios to be extremely red as per usual.

I think it's on BT.