• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday 4th February, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

xCELERYx   

Wenger still missing for this one?

Another big game to go straight into. Would like to see a few changes, namely Hazard dropped to the bench. Would look to play 352 so we can have Fabregas come into the side without sacrificing some defensive cover. Pedro and Costa upfront together to cause some problems.

Will also be interesting to see if Luiz pulls up for this one. Not heard anything about the significance of his knock.

52 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Wenger still missing for this one?

Yes.

52 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Would like to see a few changes, namely Hazard dropped to the bench. Would look to play 352 so we can have Fabregas come into the side without sacrificing some defensive cover. Pedro and Costa upfront together to cause some problems.

Not going to happen, imo. Same shape/system (Conte won't change what works), with Pedro back up front with Hazard & Costa. That's our best/most effective front 3. Willian to the bench. I do think however, that Conte will get Fabregas on earlier in the second half than he did against Liverpool.

Arsenal beaten by Watford , need to win this , they rested Walcott , Oxlaide Chamberlain and Perez that I know of so I'm guessing they're going to go for speed against us.

Let's hope Luiz is available for this one .

We don't need to win if we can avoid losing but I think we need to.

I'd like to see Pedro start over Willian , I'll give Hazard the benefit of the doubt although he's been awful for weeks now , hope he's not being forced to play with an injury again.

I think we owe ourselves a performance and we definitely owe Arsenal one having been dreadful in the previous meeting.

The team picks itself , not sure about Fabregas considering the history and the hostility that is likely to ensue.

I would be overjoyed to beat them and shut their gobby support up for five minutes.

StebzAno   

Have to agree that I think there will be one change at most, namely Willian/Pedro.  Great to be playing Arsenal on the back of defeat by Watford, and you'd like to think a reserved performance yesterday was partly to conserve energy for early Saturday.  Being at home too, should be a great advantage for us.

This match marks the end to our fixtures against the top three title contenders for us, so as always would be key to take / deny points.  After that Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool still have to play each other, I.e. three six-pointers, that will cancel each other out while we deal with the rest of the table.

Really need to get something out of this, even if its only a point. We still have some nasty away games - Utd, Everton, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham. None of these games, or City at home, will be easy.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Really need to get something out of this, even if its only a point. We still have some nasty away games - Utd, Everton, West Brom, Stoke, West Ham. None of these games, or City at home, will be easy.

Well, as much as I would like something out of the game, I wouldn't say we "need" anything as even a defeat leaves us 6 points clear. 

As for nasty games left, well so do all of our challengers, who at the moment are dropping lots of silly points in fixtures that you wouldn't call nasty at all. 

A win would remove Arsenal from the race, a draw and they are hanging by a thread 

chara   

Be glad when this game is "gone"..hate losing to the Arse (well anyone for that matter!) We have a three game 9 point cushion and the chasers need to stay almost 100% to catch up with Chelsea losing 3 games.

Now, my point (no pun..well maybe!) if I looked at a table with any of the "chasers" nine points ahead I would worry that they were uncatchable..in a similar vein if I see any of the afore mentioned chasers 2-0 up in any game I consider the result inevitable.

On the other hand Chelsea being 9 points ahead fills me with no sense of galloping away and any game with Chelsea 2-0 up even with maybe 5 minutes to go still has me not relaxing and waiting for a disaster.

Anyone else go through these "trembles"?

I am not saying its in anyway logical but anyone help me here?

(Oh and am still stewing over the Swansea draw consider it 2 points stolen..if those two points were on the board and yesterdays penalty had gone in that would have been 13 points clear..almost enough for me to cautiously consider success on the horizon.)

I'd like to see;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Matic, Pedro; Hazard, Costa

for this one. The 343 leaves us too deep against pacey and direct teams and although Arsenal aren't in the same bracket as Spurs and Liverpool in that regard, they have enough to cause us problems. 

Let's control this from midfield.