Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Arsenal 1

184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, chara said:

(Oh and am still stewing over the Swansea draw consider it 2 points stolen..if those two points were on the board and yesterdays penalty had gone in that would have been 13 points clear..almost enough for me to cautiously consider success on the horizon.)

Every team will have games where they say, "if only this, that and the other happened......."

There are a few other games where we might have dropped points and didn't that balance out the two you are talking of. West Ham at home, Watford away, Sunderland away, City away, WBA away, all could have ended differently with a bit of bad luck. 

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Arsenal beaten by Watford , need to win this , they rested Walcott , Oxlaide Chamberlain and Perez that I know of so I'm guessing they're going to go for speed against us.

Let's hope Luiz is available for this one .

We don't need to win if we can avoid losing but I think we need to.

I'd like to see Pedro start over Willian , I'll give Hazard the benefit of the doubt although he's been awful for weeks now , hope he's not being forced to play with an injury again.

I think we owe ourselves a performance and we definitely owe Arsenal one having been dreadful in the previous meeting.

The team picks itself , not sure about Fabregas considering the history and the hostility that is likely to ensue.

I would be overjoyed to beat them and shut their gobby support up for five minutes.

10000000000% agree

Well at least some Arsenal supporters are still positive about their season.

An interesting approach to this game from the respective coaches.

Wenger is letting his players have a day off and light training with only one full training session before the match.

Conte is full on training 100% per normal.

From todays Times.

1 minute ago, Jasonb said:

An interesting approach to this game from the respective coaches.

Wenger is letting his players have a day off and light training with only one full training session before the match.

Conte is full on training 100% per normal.

From todays Times.

One is a proven winner , one hasn't won anything since Thierry Henry thought "sod this I'm off ".

1 person likes this

Second game in a row versus Wounded animal opposition. These games against the contenders or nearly contenders are nearly always touch and go and decided on tiny details. The next game is the most important attitude will win us the league but there's a way to go yet. We dont look like faltering but teams have done it before, though the inconsistency of the other teams is a help in this case. I think this seasons Arsenal seem a little more robust than before despite some silly defeats which makes them an opponent we need to treat with a little respect. The days of popping it up to Drogba are gone though a focussed Costa is not a bad option especially following him missing a penalty. He will be looking to put things right

Yes I agree very likely touch and go as I also think Arsenal are stronger this season.

I expect them to bring their top game to this match and so we also need to be at our best.

4 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

1-2 🙈

oooo, living dangerously now Matt.

There are flutterings of injury news from Hazard and Luiz.  I wouldn't be surprised, it would explain something of hazard including rebinding his calf at Anfield whilst Luiz was down.  Hopefully it's just a tabloid having a guess at a 'hot off the press' story.

Another key debate is where Wenger will sit during the game.  I hear there might be a seat spare in MH lower maybe?

Edited by StebzAno

I will! Genuinely be surprised if we lose.Livepool away;is a much harder fixture than Arsenal at home.

Edited by kev61