Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Arsenal 1

184 posts in this topic

Conte confirms there are no injuries for Chelsea ahead of tomorrow.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, chara said:

Be glad when this game is "gone"..hate losing to the Arse (well anyone for that matter!) We have a three game 9 point cushion and the chasers need to stay almost 100% to catch up with Chelsea losing 3 games.

Now, my point (no pun..well maybe!) if I looked at a table with any of the "chasers" nine points ahead I would worry that they were uncatchable..in a similar vein if I see any of the afore mentioned chasers 2-0 up in any game I consider the result inevitable.

On the other hand Chelsea being 9 points ahead fills me with no sense of galloping away and any game with Chelsea 2-0 up even with maybe 5 minutes to go still has me not relaxing and waiting for a disaster.

Anyone else go through these "trembles"?

I am not saying its in anyway logical but anyone help me here?

(Oh and am still stewing over the Swansea draw consider it 2 points stolen..if those two points were on the board and yesterdays penalty had gone in that would have been 13 points clear..almost enough for me to cautiously consider success on the horizon.)

Hey guys....second time of asking!..anyone help me with my "anxieties"

Had reply on the bracketed comments and agree with that but that was really an afterthought. Not the crux of the post!

HELP!

^ sounds like normal human nature to me.  When you're watching a target ahead it's easier to gauge the gap and you have something definite to catch up to.  You don't have that same tangible target when you are leading, so you'll end up always looking over your shoulder.  I guess that's why some athletes prefer to run from practically the back of the pack before catching the leader by surprise, whereas unlike others that like to lead the pace, and burst forward late (although in that scenario they don't have an opposition blocking their path).

Chara, I would think anyone who's supported Chelsea for more than the last 13 years would stïll get the collywobbles until it's mathematically impossible to be overhauled...

And, in any given game, I can only ever relax a little when we're at least three goals ahead with only about ten minutes to go.

So, no, I can't help you!

The bookies have us  roughly even money to win; with arsenal roughly 3/1 - we are also 3/10 to win the premiership.We win tomorrow and we win the title IMO.Can't watch the game because of work but will listen on the radio,good luck boys.

6 hours ago, chara said:

Hey guys....second time of asking!..anyone help me with my "anxieties"

Had reply on the bracketed comments and agree with that but that was really an afterthought. Not the crux of the post!

HELP!

I'm exactly the same. I'm only comfortable with a 2-0 lead when 3 minutes get signalled to be added on at the end and one of those minutes has elapsed!!

It's crazy to be nervous at being 9 points clear but totally natural. If we were 9 points behind we'd be very glum about our prospects of catching that leader.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

The bookies have us  roughly even money to win; with arsenal roughly 3/1 - we are also 3/10 to win the premiership.We win tomorrow and we win the title IMO.Can't watch the game because of work but will listen on the radio,good luck boys.

Very close but not yet, I think we have 3 major games left (Arsenal,Man U & City) and Iam considering the rest as wins. The 9 points can only guard us to safety if we draw in all the 3 major games (or any other points combinations or better).

I have a good feeling about today's game, our guys have a motive to push harder after our last quivery game, yes this is the last lap bell ringing, and it only gets harder from now on. If we pay some attention to the 6 top teams performance level, we can easily see the incline curve of their training, bringing them toward their best form from this stage onward, closing the season training cycle(s), and putting the bloodiest fight with teeth being knocked out and shoes flying all over the field ....I think I got carried away with the last part sorry.    

Chelsea team v Arsenal: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Diego Costa, Hazard

Chelsea subs v Arsenal: Begovic, Terry, Zouma, Chalobah, Fabregas, Willian, Batshuayi

Pedro in for Willian, feel a bit bad for Ake, he can't even get on the bench. RLC too was looking in decent form, it's a shame they don't allow more people on the bench, especially if they're youngsters.

Edited by ripz

Fabregas on the bench again.

lets hope that finally pays off today.

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

Massive game if we can win it. We can DO this!

believe.