Michael Tucker

Burnley 1 Chelsea 1

179 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Turf Moor before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 13:30, Sunday 12th February 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Banana skin right here. They have a very good home record (3rd best) and a terrible away record (bottom). If we start the game with the right mindset, we will be ok. We have the system and players to close the league out, but we have to stay fit and prevent any complacency from creeping in. To be fair, Conte has done a good job of that so far. His intensity on the touchline helps.

They do have a great home record but I can't really see anything other than an away win here. Hendrick is suspended and Defour and Marney are injured, 3 players who have been really important in their midfield. We are just going to be too strong I think. Going to predict 2-0. 

Play the game with the due intensity , keep their partisan crowd quiet and our quality throughout should tell , they are excellent at home though so we must be on our toes.

Expect high balls and Vokes all over Azpillicueta.

Complacency doesn't seem to be an issue this season and I put that down to genuine competition for places. 

Substitutions have more often than not worked. When players have been given their chance (RLC aside) they've taken it.

Some might disagree but that's all down to squad management and Conte is managing beautifully.

My only worry is that surely Barca or Madrid will come knocking at some stage for him....... 

We will need to play a high line against these lot. Dropping deep would be a big mistake as they will send lots of crosses in. Hope we work on dealing with crosses cause most of the teams we have left are long ball teams who cross quite often. Imo Cesc would be needed from the start in a game like this. They wont allow us to play like Arsenal did. They will crowd Hazard and Costa and most likely park the bus giving us no freedom. This game will be much harder than Arsenal. At home they are very good. 

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Complacency doesn't seem to be an issue this season and I put that down to genuine competition for places. 

Substitutions have more often than not worked. When players have been given their chance (RLC aside) they've taken it.

Some might disagree but that's all down to squad management and Conte is managing beautifully.

My only worry is that surely Barca or Madrid will come knocking at some stage for him....... 

Blimey he's only been here six months 

Tough game expected here. All about workrate, they may not be as gifted as Arsenal or have the midfield quality of Liverpool but they will work their socks off. Could be a draw this one or a narrow win but either way we will have to scrap for it.

This will be a scrappy, physical game, with lots of niggly fouls (and the occasional studs up assault) and general time wasting. Needless to say, we need to be 'up' for this.

Burnely were terrible at the Bridge, probably the worst team we've played, and that was before the switch to 3-4-3. They will surely be more difficult at home, but they probably won't match our system so we should be able to exploit the gaps that are created.

I'd start Fabregas for this one, despite the physicality of the game. Burnley will sit deep for long periods so someone like Cesc will be vital. Oh and he played pretty well the last time he was there!

The Pedro/Willian one is a complete toss up but I'd probably stick with Pedro, even if he's generally more potent at home. 

Edited by A Blue Essien

Difficult game with their home record but I fully expect us to show 0% complacency. Conte won't allow it.

A draw isn't an awful result, considering. However I would hope we go all out for the win and give them absolutely nothing.

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!