Michael Tucker

Burnley 1 Chelsea 1

179 posts in this topic

Lol we are actually lucky to have gotten a point!! Courtois saved us.

Predictable game really. I thought we might squeeze past them but not this time. Burnley were very good though. Yeah Conte really went for it late on. I like to see that. 

The main issue  in games like this is starting Fabregas or not. Its why I say he has to start a game like this. The difference is when a team has parked the bus and is well organised it is hard to break down. Where we should have won the game was in the  0-60 mins part of the game.  Burnley hadn't parked the bus until the 65th min. Almost as if they reacted to the Cesc sub. If you start Cesc we would be having more clear cut chances and having more than 2 shots on target.  We can win games in 60 mins with the system and team we have. We just need to get Cesc in. It was another game in which we choose the wrong pass or simply wasted possession . It is not Kante or Matic fault they dont understand that part of the game. We got into good positions and made good runs but couldn't find the person. Costa and Hazard are different players when Cesc starts with them. Costa had no service today. He had to make chances for himself. can't blame him much. He had a similar performance to that against Liverpool.  Give this team Cesc from the start and we would be creating more clear cut chances. Give us more clear cut chances and we would have beaten them  I am not saying drop Kante or Matic I think Pedro shoulf be sacrificed for Cesc.

I don't actually think we were bad it was a decent performance but we seemed to be unable to play the final pass or our touch would let us down when we got in and around the box.  Costa and Matic were both well below normal levels.  I thought that Hazard, Azpi, and Kante all played pretty well.  All in all Burnley is a tough place to go and get a result so while I'm dissapointed its not a win, I'll take the draw

Might be an unpopular opinion here but I think a draw is an OK result. Not good nor bad, but ok. Burnley are really good at home, combined with the weather and fitness a win would be an extremely good performance. We are still gonna win the league comfortambly. A few easy fixtures now and we are hard to catch when they touch matches comes. Also the other topp teams are playing eachother.

Everyone season you are sucsessfull you will have matches like this one. I remember a few campaigns with similar fixture and result.

2009-2010 we had a hard fought match with Blackburn that ended 1-1

14-15 we played 0-0 against sunderland.

You get the point.

Some over the top negativity on here.

10 points clear at the top, Burnley away is not a given this season, frustrating performance but not a bad result.

Come on Chels!

The bookies have us stronger favourites to win the title @ 1/5,followed by Man City @ 12/1,Spurs 25/1,liverpool 40/1,Arsenal and Utd 50/1 - so it's done and dusted according to them...so was Hilary Clinton😋

55 minutes ago, Lampen said:

. A few easy fixtures now and we are hard to catch when they touch matches comes. Also the other topp teams are playing eachother.

I dont think those next few games are easy at all. Reason why is cause those teams will set up similar to Burnley . Defensively I am not worried about them but its how we use the ball thats a worry. If we dont use it well and allow those teams to frustrate us (which I think will happen) then those next few fixtures are going to be very hard. I can see us dropping points in those games. 

1 hour ago, Gormangorman said:

Some over the top negativity on here.

10 points clear at the top, Burnley away is not a given this season, frustrating performance but not a bad result.

Come on Chels!

I agree.We played some decent stuff and dominated for most of the game,are we getting greedy?Imo a few tweaks and we will become a very very good team rather than a good team - in Conte I trust!.

If city win their game in hand tomorrow (v Bournemouth)  just eight points clear.

16 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

If city win their game in hand tomorrow (v Bournemouth)  just eight points clear.

It's more a case of whether they score ten or eleven if you ask me , Bournemouth are woeful.

Let's not be too negative, a draw is actually an OK result, it's just dissapointing knowing we could have gone 12 points clear. A tough away game, up north, crowd up for it, freezing cold, just one of those tough days.

The dropped points is only what all the other teams behind us have been doing every week, so no drama, we were always likely to have a game like this sooner or later. And it's another tough away game ticked off.

Most of the others will be back in European action soon, so I'm sure their league form will suffer. Plus there are still many games between them left to play, so guaranteed dropped points for some.

Hopefully it's a chance to rest a few of these players for a couple of weeks with the FA Cup next week, then back to the Bridge where we should be well fired up to get three points and put us back on track.

Up the Chels...