Michael Tucker

Burnley 1 Chelsea 1

179 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Sums it up for me. In the first half in particular, they kicked us whenever we attacked and the ref did nothing. Even our goal could have led to a booking for the guy who tried and failed to stop Moses with a swipe. Hazard went on a dribble shortly after and two players tried and failed to wipe him out and nothing was said because he kept going. In the second half Hazard looked petrified every time he got the ball and shifted it early. I don't blame him.

Alan smith in the post match analysis, "the ref did well to keep the game flowing" - what actually happened was the game kept flowing because the ref did nothing. 

Agreed. Second half was very poor. 

Not really. They have spent a fortune over the last few years and should have a near perfect, massive squad. The fact they have squandered millions on ordinary players is their own fault. 

this was the first direct free kick we have conceded in the PL for 4 or 5 years (I forget the exact stat they trotted out on Sky). He can't be bad on free kicks if this is the first one to have gone in since he joined. 

Correct. People who expect us to win every game are stupid. 

As per previous post - first free kick he has conceded for us. The free kick itself was pretty perfect and we have no idea whether De Gea would have saved it or not. Either way, this is all somewhat irrelevant as it is hardly his fault we managed only 2 shots on target in the whole game, both in the first 6 minutes. 

Bingo. Although 10 points might be generous. He is and was a critical part in the 13 game winning streak. He has been pretty flawless this season IMO. 

Yes, if we draw all our games and City win all of theirs, they will narrow the gap. Well done. You should work for Sky.

BTW, Burnley have the 3rd best home record in the division, so only one team other than us, has a better home record. On that basis, you could argue this was our second hardest away game of the season 

A bit of scatter gun approach  there paul,however I agree with most of it except Courtois.The defense are shielding him very well.

On 2/15/2017 at 7:00 PM, Blue Rod said:

Don't know what to make of a player who only plays well when he's looking East or after he's just signed a contract. It won't be long before Jorge Mendes is up to his tricks again.

I would be happy for Costa to put on his best and bring home the title, then in the summer go whereever he pleases. 

Me too Rod.

Burnley , knocked out of the cup by non league Lincoln.

If only they hadn't run around so much.

Team to face Wolves: Begovic; Zouma, Terry (c), Ake; Moses, Chalobah, Fabregas, Pedro; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard.

subs: Eduardo, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Kenedy, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, Batshuayi.

half n half team, subs in def but heavy up top, think it shows how much he trusts Bats, shame RLC didn't get a start maybe give Hazard a bench, even Kenedy as LFB would have been nice to see him again.

Huddersfield Town have done us an indirect favour by making Citeh have to play an additional game.

18 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

Huddersfield Town have done us an indirect favour by making Citeh have to play an additional game.

True. Even though we don't have European football to worry about this season, we could easily have given away that advantage if we started replaying FA cup ties. Conte took a sound decision to put out a strong team against Wolves. 

On 17 February 2017 at 1:33 PM, paulw66 said:

BTW, Burnley have the 3rd best home record in the division, so only one team other than us, has a better home record. On that basis, you could argue this was our second hardest away game of the season 

Hmm, Lincoln a NON LEAGUE TEAM showed us how to do it

20 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Unfortunately , we're the one team in the League not allowed to rough house anyone.

1 hour ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

what does that prove?

On that basis every PL, Championship, League 1 and League 2 should beat Burnley at Turf Moor.