Michael Tucker

Burnley 1 Chelsea 1

179 posts in this topic

Now other nearby contenders have played match 25, we go into this match already with a 9 point gap still.  Possibly coming out with a 12 point gap.  Who'd have thought it, and it's only mid-February.  At this rate, mathematically we could well be title winners during our trip to Old Trafford.  That could be very awkward.

3 hours ago, StebzAno said:

That could be very awkward.

"Why awkward"? -  that would be very desirable in the extreme.

Another day in the pub for me with my Liverpool drinking buddies.No doubt they will be in a Billy big bollocks mood after tonight.They will of course rein it in a bit when we beat Burnley! Ha!.

Edited by kev61

5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

"Why awkward"? -  that would be very desirable in the extreme.

For us maybe, but richest club, expensive signings, are mean't to be on their way up, and almost as arrogant as the pool in their self-entitlement... taking the title there would turn the theatre of dreams into a nightmare for the locals, and you just know it's going to be tough for whatever channel covers the match.  The look of despair on the pundits faces, what went wrong this season.

1 hour ago, StebzAno said:

For us maybe, but richest club, expensive signings, are mean't to be on their way up, and almost as arrogant as the pool in their self-entitlement... taking the title there would turn the theatre of dreams into a nightmare for the locals, and you just know it's going to be tough for whatever channel covers the match.  The look of despair on the pundits faces, what went wrong this season.

Still sounds wonderful to me!

Hopefully we can win the title the game before, then we can get our guard of honour. That is always a delicious moment especially when it's United (I'd prefer Liverpool but United will do).  

On 09/02/2017 at 4:40 PM, blue moon said:

A propos nothing at all, whatever happened to Bluereed? Heard "Gonna make it a night to remember", and his name came to mind - he always posted that before matches as some form of superstitious ritual

Well the sad news is that he was practicing his Jeffrey Daniels moonwalk moves after watching this video and there was a tragic accident. He moon walked straight out through his patio doors forgetting that he lived fourteen floors up. He will be missed.

4 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Still sounds wonderful to me!

Would feel all the more wonderful if Manchester United failed to qualify for CL after their manager's dig at the way of playing of "a successful club".  Such a coward.  Can't get himself to say Chelsea Football Club.

I try to show no interest in whatever happens over there in the North West as Chelsea is more than enough to think about. But now and again someone succeeds in stirring the football fan in me. 

51 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Would feel all the more wonderful if Manchester United failed to qualify for CL after their manager's dig at the way of playing of "a successful club".  Such a coward.  Can't get himself to say Chelsea Football Club.

I try to show no interest in whatever happens over there in the North West as Chelsea is more than enough to think about. But now and again someone succeeds in stirring the football fan in me. 

1. Every time he has a dig at the press, they report it as a dig at Chelsea fans (or at Wenger).  Nothing cowardly at all.

2.  I know we have had a lot of success over the past 20 years, but it doesn't appear to have been much fun for those not reasonably thick skinned.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

1. Every time he has a dig at the press, they report it as a dig at Chelsea fans (or at Wenger).  Nothing cowardly at all.

2.  I know we have had a lot of success over the past 20 years, but it doesn't appear to have been much fun for those not reasonably thick skinned.

Just seen the interview with Mourinho on Match of the Day.

It was definitely a dig at Chelsea.