Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Mcgoochan

SuperBowl LI

23 posts in this topic

I know that there are a only a few on here that follow the sport, but last nights ( this mornings ) game was the best I seen. Period.

I've been following the game and the Patriots since the game started on Ch 4 in 82? And similar to Man Utd, the Patriots were liked until they started winning, plus with the odd irregularities thrown in for good measure, the Patriots have become the team to hate ( a bit like Chelsea when Jose was here ).

But last nights match had the lot. 2 hours sleep and I'm still buzzing.

29 minutes ago, Paul Mcgoochan said:

I know that there are a only a few on here that follow the sport, but last nights ( this mornings ) game was the best I seen. Period.

I've been following the game and the Patriots since the game started on Ch 4 in 82? And similar to Man Utd, the Patriots were liked until they started winning, plus with the odd irregularities thrown in for good measure, the Patriots have become the team to hate ( a bit like Chelsea when Jose was here ).

But last nights match had the lot. 2 hours sleep and I'm still buzzing.

I watched the entire game too.  Got to bed at 3:30am and up for work at 8:00.  I nearly went to bed at half time but something inside me said "This is Tom Brady. If they can score 28 points in one half then so can he".

The rest is history.  Agreed. Greatest game I've ever watched. Certainly the best Superbowl.  

As for affiliations, I also started watching in the mid 80s on C4.  Chose the Redskins because they were successful at the time. Barren times since.

I'm not usually into American football at all because of all the long and boring commercial breaks and just the constant stops in general and other things, but that was a hell of a comeback. Greatest superbowl I've seen. They made history I believe.

The previous best comeback was from 10 points down. They were 25 points down well into the 3rd quarter. 

First time in yonks that I've stayed up past the boring half time show. What a game. 

Also started watching when it started on Channel4. Liked the Redskins at first but then got seduced by The Raiders.

Edited by Sea foot

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

First time in yonks that I've stayed up past the boring half time show. What a game. 

Also started watching when it started on Channel4. Liked the Redskins at first but then got seduced by The Raiders.

Splitter. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Splitter. 

Yep. Hands up. 

Nice one Bob...I didn't watch the game although I sort of follow it over here...caught some of the halftime excess and am very turned off by the hype..find it very hard to get past the Tom Brady cheating business last year and anyway I'm a Bronco's man if anything. 

Not quite apples and apples but a bit like my Maradona feelings ..Tom Brady..appreciate the skillset and ability but....