• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
Jasonb

Starting a thread

Recommended Posts

Jasonb   

I have attempted to start a thread on a couple of occasions and gone through the motions yet it never appears.

Is there some special permission required?

 

My current thoughts are why don't we have a thread where all can share favourite experiences as a Chelsea fan as a lot of us are different age groups.

I would suggest sharing:

our favourite personal experience as a Chelsea fan,

our favourite experience of all time following Chelsea,

Something we are proud of the club for doing.

What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any new thread ('new', as in unapproved at that time) is submitted for moderation. A moderator then assesses the thread for suitability and interest - at that point the submitted topic is either approved, or deleted. Alternatively, the proposed topic can be put up for review by other moderators/admin. If you've submitted a couple of topics that haven't been approved, then it's safe to assume that the moderator who dealt with them didn't consider them of sufficient interest, or well enough thought out, to warrant approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

 If you've submitted a couple of topics that haven't been approved, then it's safe to assume that the moderator who dealt with them didn't consider them of sufficient interest, or well enough thought out, to warrant approval.

That's savage Michael. 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
12 hours ago, Ham said:

That's savage Michael. 😮

Agreed.

I say this with the greatest respect honestly, but there's nothing like encouraging newer members to be proactive!  Bit patronising too.  Would make me feel like a naughty schoolgirl who had dared to show a bit of initiative.  It would be nice just to be told if threads aren't accepted rather than being left in the air.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JaneB said:

Agreed.

I say this with the greatest respect honestly, but there's nothing like encouraging newer members to be proactive!  Bit patronising too.  Would make me feel like a naughty schoolgirl who had dared to show a bit of initiative.  It would be nice just to be told if threads aren't accepted rather than being left in the air.  

Simply stating the facts as obviously and clearly as possible. Frankly I'm quite stunned (and disappointed) at this reaction, which is completely misplaced. Simply put, moderators (the very few we actually have) mostly don't have the time to contact every member who submits a topic - would be lovely if we did. Back in the day yes, when we had plenty of mods, and lot's of time - but we're not back in the day, and everyone does what they can. Anyone want to put their hands up? Feel free and I'll pass them on to Peter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Simply stating the facts as obviously and clearly as possible. Frankly I'm quite stunned (and disappointed) at this reaction, which is completely misplaced. Simply put, moderators (the very few we actually have) mostly don't have the time to contact every member who submits a topic - would be lovely if we did. Back in the day yes, when we had plenty of mods, and lot's of time - but we're not back in the day, and everyone does what they can. Anyone want to put their hands up? Feel free and I'll pass them on to Peter.

No slight intended Michael and it IS appreciated what you do.

Didn't realise how many new topics get submitted etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this