• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Wolves 0 Chelsea 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup match against Wolves at Molineux before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday 18th February 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Does that kick-off time mean it's on the telly? BT Spite or BBC?

Edit: it's the former.

Edited by Johnny Blue

Starting to get a little more serious now, but despite that, I'd still change it up a bit. I'd rest Luiz, Alonso, and Hazard outright, but still have a strong team and bench. Something like this:

Begovic; Zouma, JT, Azpi; Moses, Cesc, Nate, Ake; Willian, Michy, Pedro

Subs: Eduardo, Cahill, Kenedy, Kante, RLC, Hazard, Costa

So Moses plays with Pedro and Willian supporting Michy. Kante, Hazard, and Costa on the bench if need be. 

Blue Rod   

It's time Zouma and Ake get serious runs of games under their belts, for the fight ahead. The finishing third of the PL asks a lot of questions from the squad. I think Conte will soon find out, if he hasn't already, that he needs to start dipping into the squad in order to maintain our challenge. 

I am not seeing this FA tie as a walk in the park, far from it. But playing fresh legs would actually boost our chance rather than diminish it. 

Rob B   

I think I'd go with...

Begovic;  Zouma, JT, Cahill;  Azpi, Cesc, Nate, Ake;  Willian, RLC, Costa

Perhaps a bit harsh on Michy but I'd start Diego to try and get him back amoungst the goals, with the aim of giving Michy half hour.

I think Nate and RLC deserve to keep their place, and Zouma and Ake too good not to get minutes.

Hazard and Pedro on the bench if needed, with complete rests for Luiz, Moses, Alonso and Kante

GURJ SS   

Begovic;

Zouma, JT, Ake;

Aina, Nate, Cesc, Kenedy;

Willian, Bats, RLC;

Give everyone a start who doesn't get one, we need to start using the players we have; otherwise it's pointless recalling players or keeping them around because they are apparently 'ready'. Might as well sign 33+ year olds on free agents if we just need players to fill a gap on the squad list.

40 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Begovic;

Zouma, JT, Ake;

Willian, Bats, RLC;

Give everyone a start who doesn't get one, we need to start using the players we have; otherwise it's pointless recalling players or keeping them around because they are apparently 'ready'. Might as well sign 33+ year olds on free agents if we just need players to fill a gap on the squad list.

I agree with this team. Courtois, Luiz, Moses, Alonso, Kante, Hazard and Costa shouldn't even be in the 18. A bench of Eduardo, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Matic, Pedro, Musonda and Solanke will do.

paulw66   
6 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Begovic;

Zouma, JT, Ake;

Willian, Bats, RLC;

Don't think it will be that weak. Can't see Aina, Kenedy, Chalobah all starting. Not saying I disagree with your choice but we had a home tie with Brentford in the last round and Aina and Kenedy didn't get starts, so why would they now?

I think Ake will play LWB again with JT, zouma and one of the usual 3 playing at the back. 

I'd be surprised to see Aina play, as I don't really think he has been anywhere near a first team place.

Whereas Ake, Chalobah and Kenedy probably are on the outskirts and need playing (as does JT, Begovic, Michy Zouma and Fabregas who all must start).  RLC - is he still getting chances or has he been written off - I guess we find out this weekend.
Not sure wither Willian or Pedro need an extra game, though I dare say one might have to play.  Probably as a WB (back up for Moses!).  I'd like to think Willian could start there as I'm sure he'd be an upgrade on Moses, but then Willian probably has a bigger role as one of the 4 first choice front 3, and we can't really afford to let him play elsewhere.
My guess is that the numbers will be made up with Azpi and/or Cahill, so 2 or 3 first choices starting.

A propos of not much here are the two 4th round teams we picked last year against MK Dons and this year against Brentford.  Count the first choices given a rest.

chara   

I remember when the Cup was a really big deal up to and including the final. Somewhat sad that I include myself in the declining deep involvement. Seems that now it pretty much comes down to the fans of the finalists really caring. May sound harsh but my feelings are that although I hate to see Chelsea fail to win in ANY game or competition should they not advance this weekend it will not send me into a deep depression as it would have done in the past. This is from someone who went to three  semi's at Villa Park back in the day and had two so depressing trips home.(The third was a glorious return!!)

I hope to see a line up with fresh faces as advocated by most here and a good result but not a disaster if lessons are learned.