Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Swansea City 1

175 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Swansea City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 25th February, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Potential banana skin for me. Swansea are looking a much better side since Clement has taken charge and have won 3 of their last 4 games, their one loss being a 1-2 defeat to Man City. They're inability to keep clean sheets though is a good sign for us, given this game is at home.

Fully expect to see the standard side we've come to see start, with Pedro to get the nod over Willian. Although, I'd possibly like to see Fabregas get a sizeable run if he doesn't start.

4 hours ago, zaffo said:

Potential banana skin for me. Swansea are looking a much better side since Clement has taken charge and have won 3 of their last 4 games, their one loss being a 1-2 defeat to Man City. They're inability to keep clean sheets though is a good sign for us, given this game is at home.

Fully expect to see the standard side we've come to see start, with Pedro to get the nod over Willian. Although, I'd possibly like to see Fabregas get a sizeable run if he doesn't start.

My thoughts exactly, we have dipped a bit in the past few games and Swansea will be will be well set up and will have a goal threat too. But teams that win titles find ways around these tricky obstacles, in Hazard, Costa and Pedro we have players who can produce that bit of magic from nothing, I think it might be a narrow win (2-1) hope so because I'm over for this one last time was the 2-1 V Tottenham. So I've got form :-)

Just our luck that they're improving but we must destroy them. We aren't at our usual level and we need a really good performance to settle everyone again.

2 hours ago, chelsea_matt said:

Just our luck that they're improving but we must destroy them. We aren't at our usual level and we need a really good performance to settle everyone again.

Destroy is the right word. Fast energetic start. Early goal and put it to bed.

1 person likes this

No worry for me with this one. I'm hoping Conte will get the players' attitudes spot on, obviously state how tough the game will be and that we will counteract that.

Is it bad that I STILL think of the ballboy incident every time Swansea come up in the next fixture, and still feel the need to thump them as punishment every time.

3 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Is it bad that I STILL think of the ballboy incident every time Swansea come up in the next fixture, and still feel the need to thump them as punishment every time.

Still angers me. Farcical scenes on and off the pitch and the usual disgraceful media bias to go along with it.

I still feel that kid needs an Alex free kick to the face on a very bitter winters day. What really irked me in particular were his comments on Twitter earlier in day that he was going to try and do some sort of incident type thing.

If I recall correctly that "kid" wasn't much younger than Hazard at the time. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

If I recall correctly that "kid" wasn't much younger than Hazard at the time. 

And wasn't his uncle a club director too?