• Current Donation Goals

As I said earlier , you just can't take Hazard Costa or Pedro off, you never know what they'll do.

(Easy this football lark )

Thank God that's over. Watching it is difficult enough , goodness knows how the players do it .

Weird game. I thought we were barely adequate until we scored and then from minute 20 to 55 (apart from the fiasco that was their goal) we were excellent. After 55, I thought we were very sloppy, apart from the last 5 where we had a 2 goal advantage and closed it out easily. Pedro's goal was a fluke that we really hadn't done enough to deserve. Very glad to see Costa score in the league again. Pedro and Fabregas both disappeared for the last 30. Matic's entry didn't help. Moses was busy but fruitless.

9 wins 2 draws and a defeat needed!

chelboy   

2 best players were in the middle of the park. We are so lucky to have Kante. He had no reason to join us really after the season we had. Broke up everything Swans tried to play. Even when he was beaten he still recovered it back. Immense player. Cesc was class again. Giving us a goal threat which is something different. He got into the box many times. Could have had a hat-trick today.

Despite his goal I was disappointed in Costa. Trying too many things rather than keeping it simple. He needs to cut out the fancy stuff  and play simple football. Its what he does best. I prefer when he plays like a beast or  battering ram rather than trying flicks and fancy stuff. Leave the fancy stuff to Hazard, Pedro and Cesc.

• Like 2

Good solid win. Wasn't the cleanest performance but at this point three points only matters. CO-MOTM were kante and fabregas for me. Credit to Matic off the bench in solidifying the middle and pushing us forward for that insurance goal. On to West Ham . 

I have just realised that the two manc clubs and the gooners don't play in the league this weekend which is a nice bonus for us.

It will ensure the gap stays at double figures for the time being, even if spuds win it will still be 10 points.

As long as the gap looks that big it will dishearten the following pack.

StebzAno   

Gutted I missed this as it seems like the first Fabregas start in a league match in... well ages.  Has there been a change of tact anyone notice?  Positional changes, use of channels?  I'm wondering if Conte will keep this team while we're dealing with mid to lower table until Man City comes up again.

18 minutes ago, StebzAno said:

Gutted I missed this as it seems like the first Fabregas start in a league match in... well ages.  Has there been a change of tact anyone notice?  Positional changes, use of channels?  I'm wondering if Conte will keep this team while we're dealing with mid to lower table until Man City comes up again.

The biggest difference was Fabregas got in the box far more than Matic does , however , when Matic came on he also pushed on so maybe Conte has looked at the lack of clear cut goal scoring chances created when playing against teams that park the bus and tweaked it accordingly?