• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Lol

I'm quite proud of that .

Just going to get my application into Leicester City.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In every regard except timing we were a lot better and 3-1 flattered Swansea - which is to say they were OK but we were very very good.  Scoring from their main chance in the seconds of extra extra time before h/t is a smart move (if it can be controlled).  And it made a very one sided game appear briefly to be competitive.  In contrast to others I thought we dominated from the first minute and for all but the first 7 or 8 mins of the 2nd half.

Their goal:  somewhat fluky - they repeated the same move 5 mins into the 2nd half, we marked all the runners, Courtois was better prepared and the ball from Siggurdsson went straight into touch.  Which is not to say somewhat fluky goals will not happen over the course of a full 99 minutes.
Our high line no doubt has some advantages at times.  But it also makes us vulnerable to the really well placed ball in.

Willlian Pedro and Courtois are very good.  Costa and Hazard are very very good.  But our best players this season are Fabregas and Kante by a long chalk.  Kante's mobility today was just ridiculous.  Not since Tony Dorigo have we seen a player who can put in a tackle from any starting point on the pitch.  Kante could take corners and still be the main man on the half way line by the time the counterattack started.  Goal and an assist for Fabregas, and 2 very good chances as well.

The block is gradually moving forward.  Still not high, but more like 5-15m from the half way line rather than the 15-20m back that we mostly had post Liverpool/Arsenal defeats.  Perhaps that reflects greater fitness levels.  But this is fine tweaking after the big changes earlier in the season.

 

Zouma - doesn't look like a Conte player.  If I recall right when he came on against Arsenal (85th) for Moses he played RWB.  This time on 88th min he played RCB with Azpi at RWB.  Which is curious but I guess not particularly important.
The bench - with two options for RCB on the bench I guess Azpi is cover for both WB positions (or Pedro is goals are needed).  Not sure why RLC gets a place though.  I guess Kenedy is not treated as a proper squad member.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Weird game. I thought we were barely adequate until we scored and then from minute 20 to 55 (apart from the fiasco that was their goal) we were excellent. After 55, I thought we were very sloppy, apart from the last 5 where we had a 2 goal advantage and closed it out easily. Pedro's goal was a fluke that we really hadn't done enough to deserve. Very glad to see Costa score in the league again. Pedro and Fabregas both disappeared for the last 30. Matic's entry didn't help. Moses was busy but fruitless.

9 wins 2 draws and a defeat needed!

Yep, although it's a clear win result, it looked like a border line win, and Swansea wasn't an easy team. 

Was Azpil trying to grab the ball with his hand though?.. Few moments I thought we were doomed.. 

Any who, we made it, next please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chelsian2015 said:

Was Azpil trying to grab the ball with his hand though?.. Few moments I thought we were doomed.. 

I thought both penalty/handball claims were well worth a shout, though neither would be given often.  Azpi's hand was very close to where the ball was before it was kneed upwards.  

But the really big decision was Luiz's flailing arm which I reckon was well worth a straight Red.  That decision was a big one for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

In every regard except timing we were a lot better and 3-1 flattered Swansea - which is to say they were OK but we were very very good.  Scoring from their main chance in the seconds of extra extra time before h/t is a smart move (if it can be controlled).  And it made a very one sided game appear briefly to be competitive.  In contrast to others I thought we dominated from the first minute and for all but the first 7 or 8 mins of the 2nd half.

Their goal:  somewhat fluky - they repeated the same move 5 mins into the 2nd half, we marked all the runners, Courtois was better prepared and the ball from Siggurdsson went straight into touch.  Which is not to say somewhat fluky goals will not happen over the course of a full 99 minutes.
Our high line no doubt has some advantages at times.  But it also makes us vulnerable to the really well placed ball in.

Willlian Pedro and Courtois are very good.  Costa and Hazard are very very good.  But our best players this season are Fabregas and Kante by a long chalk.  Kante's mobility today was just ridiculous.  Not since Tony Dorigo have we seen a player who can put in a tackle from any starting point on the pitch.  Kante could take corners and still be the main man on the half way line by the time the counterattack started.  Goal and an assist for Fabregas, and 2 very good chances as well.

The block is gradually moving forward.  Still not high, but more like 5-15m from the half way line rather than the 15-20m back that we mostly had post Liverpool/Arsenal defeats.  Perhaps that reflects greater fitness levels.  But this is fine tweaking after the big changes earlier in the season.

 

Zouma - doesn't look like a Conte player.  If I recall right when he came on against Arsenal (85th) for Moses he played RWB.  This time on 88th min he played RCB with Azpi at RWB.  Which is curious but I guess not particularly important.
The bench - with two options for RCB on the bench I guess Azpi is cover for both WB positions (or Pedro is goals are needed).  Not sure why RLC gets a place though.  I guess Kenedy is not treated as a proper squad member.

 

 

 

I agree I thought we were dominant throughout,Fabregas was purring in the first half but much quieter second.For me the star of the show was Kante  never thought I would see anyone come close to Makelele but this boy is right up there,it wouldn't surprise me if they focused on him and Fabregas on motd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Azpi was putting his arm out to touch Sigurdsson not to block the ball, seen them given but would have been harsh. Costa was tripped in the box before then too and I think Llorente was marginally offside. Kante also won the ball for the foul from which they scored. Most of the decisions were tough calls but I find it frustrating only one of them is being discussed.

didn't stop the commentators talking about the "luck of champions" though. Also had Jim Proudfoot on my stream say Cahill made a clanger in the away fixture, completely forgetting/ignoring the obvious foul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Kante also won the ball for the foul from which they scored.

Seems to me that if you win the ball, your team loses it and you win it back 15m away and your team lose it again and 2 seconds later you challenge for it another 10m away again, the ref is certain to give a foul and any mere mortal gets booked.  But I agree I didn't think it was a foul by Kante.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

It will interesting to see the azpi incident again on motd - but at the time I thought it was a nailed on penalty,he brought his arm towards the ball and that means a penalty to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
13 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It will interesting to see the azpi incident again on motd - but at the time I thought it was a nailed on penalty,he brought his arm towards the ball and that means a penalty to me.

Sorry Kev..watched it at least four times and although as they say Seen them given!" it would have been harsh as Dave's arm really didn't move and it was a bouncing ball coming up at him very close.

Watched the game and a replay of it and am a bit surprised at the negative comments. Looked to me as if Chelsea pretty much ran the game and only lacked goals until late in the game.looked much fitter and sharper than Swansea who really only had one clear chance from which they scored and that was due to really sloppy defending from really a not dangerous position. Well taken header but shouldn't have had so much room. A very difficult shot for their keeper from Pedro. Any shot hitting the ground so close to the keeper is really hard and gets a lot of criticism.Certainly not a "lucky" goal imo. Fabergas scored pulled a great save from their keeper and hit the bar...more results around the area than Swansea all game.

Three points and onwards..a game in hand for "chasers" is just that. Chelsea have the points from the extra game. Pressure on chasers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.