• Current Donation Goals

48 minutes ago, kev61 said:

never thought I would see anyone come close to Makelele but this boy is right up there,it wouldn't surprise me if they focused on him and Fabregas on motd.

For me we have seen 2 seasons where Kante has been better than Maka and Fabregas (with a break between them) has been better than Lampard.  Which is kind of shocking.

Not that I think either could do it for 10 to 15 seasons in a row.

kev61   
1 hour ago, chara said:

Sorry Kev..watched it at least four times and although as they say Seen them given!" it would have been harsh as Dave's arm really didn't move and it was a bouncing ball coming up at him very close.

Watched the game and a replay of it and am a bit surprised at the negative comments. Looked to me as if Chelsea pretty much ran the game and only lacked goals until late in the game.looked much fitter and sharper than Swansea who really only had one clear chance from which they scored and that was due to really sloppy defending from really a not dangerous position. Well taken header but shouldn't have had so much room. A very difficult shot for their keeper from Pedro. Any shot hitting the ground so close to the keeper is really hard and gets a lot of criticism.Certainly not a "lucky" goal imo. Fabergas scored pulled a great save from their keeper and hit the bar...more results around the area than Swansea all game.

Three points and onwards..a game in hand for "chasers" is just that. Chelsea have the points from the extra game. Pressure on chasers.

Watched the penalty incident again and I'm diluted to 50/50.Some of the negative comments about the way we played I  am 100% in agreement with you.I thought we played very well and confined them to one chance which they scored.

We are not a dull team to watch anymore just listen to Shearer,a top pro,who has nothing but good things to say about us.I look forward to evey game we play now because every game is different;we might stutter at times but we usually get there in the end.Our statistics make good reading,  best gd and most wins and a manager that covers most km's in celebration😁

MOTD showed the Aziplicueta handball, which could/probably should have been given, 3 times during the highlights. 

The Costa incident once and the commentator said he was looking for a penalty.

I was right behind the Costa one, thought at the time it was a blatant penalty and still think that after seeing it again. 

First thing they spoke about during their 'analysis' was the handball.  

Didn't even bother to show the Costa foul.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

MOTD showed the Aziplicueta handball, which could/probably should have been given, 3 times during the highlights. 

The Costa incident once and the commentator said he was looking for a penalty.

I was right behind the Costa one, thought at the time it was a blatant penalty and still think that after seeing it again. 

First thing they spoke about during their 'analysis' was the handball.  

Didn't even bother to show the Costa foul.

I didn't think either incident was a penalty.

Azpi's arm was already outstretched and didn't move towards the ball - the ball moved towards it.

The Costa incident would have been one of the softest penalties I've seen in a while. When I saw the melee I thought it was a penalty but after seeing the replay, the ref got it spot on.

Funny how we all watch the same game, yet see it so differently. Despite (or perhaps because of) our dominance in the first half, without accruing a safe lead, I was always worried about their knicking one, which then happened at the worst time. I began to fear, second half, that a point was as good as it was going to get, and could even get worse. Even after Pedro's goal, I still didn't think we were looking certain to get all the points, so Costa's goal came as a mighty relief. Wish I could be as chillaxed as many here seem to be, if only for the sake of my blood pressure...

Great performance and Cesc once again the best player on the pitch (or perhaps joint with Mr Duracell). He simply has to start in these games and I thought we dominated apart from the nervy 20 minutes just after their goal which was a freebie as opposed to any pressure they exerted on us. 

I really, really like the 352 and although we have yet to start with the formation I cannot remember conceding a goal after switching to it. Similar to Jose's old tactic of bringing on Mikel it is a signal that the game is about to end for the oppo. Even after the second goal I was nervous particularly after throwing the lead away against both Burnley and then yesterday but as soon as Matic came on we were safe but also creating more chances. I would like to see this in all of the difficult games starting away at West Ham. It provides absolute physical and technical dominance of the midfield area and as harsh as it is to drop one of our players of the season, Pedro does tend to be quieter away from the bridge. A very tough decision and Pedro's relentless movement is made for a player like Cesc but I think Hazard, Costa and Fabregas should be enough firepower against sides that will tend to come at us a bit more. Going forward the team that started yesterday should be starting in every home game other than City and the 352 for the rest of the season.

I alluded to it before kick off and Hazard looked a much better player with Fabregas in midfield. He finally has someone to play with as there is no other player in the squad that reads all of his lovely tricks and passes in tight spaces. Suddenly you see him playing quick one twos and the biggest advantage is suddenly the opposition have two players that they have to triple mark rather than just swarming Hazard. Also both full backs got booked in the first half which helps.

A nice little video of the incident mentioned above where Kante loses the ball, wins it back, and then wins it back twice more after his team mates give the ball away. The ref was clearly in shock about the absurdity of it all and gave a foul because no human could be that good. Really do not think Matic is needed in these kind of games when you can play Cesc in the middle with Kante on either side.

16 hours ago, kev61 said:

I agree I thought we were dominant throughout,Fabregas was purring in the first half but much quieter second.For me the star of the show was Kante  never thought I would see anyone come close to Makelele but this boy is right up there,it wouldn't surprise me if they focused on him and Fabregas on motd.

Swansea couldn't get to grips with Fabregas in the first half and whilst they were a goal down probably wouldn't have in the 2nd half. The equalizer changed that for them and us, in so much as they didn't have to chase a goal and it gave Clement the opportunity to set them up differently and more defensively minded in the 2nd half. 

Clement sat Llorrente far deeper when we had the ball and looked like he was detailed to sit on Fabregas, who subsequently couldn't get the ball and influence the game in the way and effect he did in the first half.

It worked and until we got a bit lucky with the second goal, we looked to be getting increasingly frustrated. Matic coming on gave us back control of the midfield, although at that stage Swansea had to try to play offensive football again, chasing another equalizer.

There equalizer was a very poor effort by us defensively, none of the defenders took responsibility to mark Llorrente, passing him on to whomever, who turned out to be nobody. It's where we do miss a leader (JT). Our best defensive header of the ball should have marked him and stuck with him, namely Cahill. 

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

For me we have seen 2 seasons where Kante has been better than Maka and Fabregas (with a break between them) has been better than Lampard.  Which is kind of shocking.

Not that I think either could do it for 10 to 15 seasons in a row.

Am I right in thinking you're saying Fabregas has been better than Lampard ? 

If so you're a bit East Ham if you ask me .

One stop before Barking.

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1

jones   

This was brilliant! Fabregas gets the MotM because of his decisiveness, but how good was Kanté?? Has clearly upped his game in the last couple of games. Even more impressive performance given he played with the less defensively capable Fabregas. The preferred duo going forward?

Azpi and Pedro at their reliably brilliant usual. They are just perfect fits for this formation. I would say Azpilicueta is the first name on the EPL team of the year sheet. Miles ahead any RB (or RCB) in this league.

Costa and Hazard were good, and slightly better than their current form curve. Positive, but hopefully they will both raise their game even further. We need that.

A little underwhelmed by Moses lately. Has for sure dropped in performance levels compared to when he was flying a couple of months ago. Will for sure be interesting to see what kind of competition Conte will add at RWB in the summer. 

Alonso and Cahill with a usual consistent performance.

Great header by Llorente, really impressive. But a 100 % focused Courtois would have saved it. Not blaming him, but that would never have gone in had it been a CL final.

I can really picture Llorente coming here in the summer though. Michy for sure will go on loan, and we need someone who can play the complete forward role in place of Costa. While we bulk up with loan army players, experience is needed.