Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Swansea City 1

175 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

2. It was miles over the allotted time

The foul was a second or two before the +1 min.  having given it, I think the ref does have to allow a few more seconds of actual play so that Swansea can actually use the free kick given.  I think the ref got that right.

47 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The foul was a second or two before the +1 min.  having given it, I think the ref does have to allow a few more seconds of actual play so that Swansea can actually use the free kick given.  I think the ref got that right.

Was just going to post the same myself. 

On 2/26/2017 at 6:42 AM, Johnny Blue said:

Funny how we all watch the same game, yet see it so differently. Despite (or perhaps because of) our dominance in the first half, without accruing a safe lead, I was always worried about their knicking one, which then happened at the worst time. I began to fear, second half, that a point was as good as it was going to get, and could even get worse. Even after Pedro's goal, I still didn't think we were looking certain to get all the points, so Costa's goal came as a mighty relief. Wish I could be as chillaxed as many here seem to be, if only for the sake of my blood pressure...

You summon up exactly my feelings as the game unfolded.

In the second half many of our players were getting frustrated and were not composed. What is needed is composure with intensity which is hard to achieve when the pressure is on to win the game.

I thought Swansea did really well with their limited resources (players/skill sets). They certainly made us work for that win.

What annoys me is when the media (and some on the forum) change the story from the reality. When we got the third goal the story becomes a comfortable victory. Which is totally foreign to my experience 'living' through that game. This league is tough. Even on our winning streak we did not have a lot of easy games. Swansea gave us a hard game. And on another day we could of been 1-2 down to a penalty and chasing the game despite our domination.

Very relieved at the final whistle.

The good news is that the other five teams chasing us will also have many games like this as the season winds down.

1 person likes this

On 2/26/2017 at 7:29 AM, samhoward17 said:

Great performance and Cesc once again the best player on the pitch (or perhaps joint with Mr Duracell). He simply has to start in these games and I thought we dominated apart from the nervy 20 minutes just after their goal which was a freebie as opposed to any pressure they exerted on us. 

I really, really like the 352 and although we have yet to start with the formation I cannot remember conceding a goal after switching to it. Similar to Jose's old tactic of bringing on Mikel it is a signal that the game is about to end for the oppo. Even after the second goal I was nervous particularly after throwing the lead away against both Burnley and then yesterday but as soon as Matic came on we were safe but also creating more chances. I would like to see this in all of the difficult games starting away at West Ham. It provides absolute physical and technical dominance of the midfield area and as harsh as it is to drop one of our players of the season, Pedro does tend to be quieter away from the bridge. A very tough decision and Pedro's relentless movement is made for a player like Cesc but I think Hazard, Costa and Fabregas should be enough firepower against sides that will tend to come at us a bit more. Going forward the team that started yesterday should be starting in every home game other than City and the 352 for the rest of the season.

I alluded to it before kick off and Hazard looked a much better player with Fabregas in midfield. He finally has someone to play with as there is no other player in the squad that reads all of his lovely tricks and passes in tight spaces. Suddenly you see him playing quick one twos and the biggest advantage is suddenly the opposition have two players that they have to triple mark rather than just swarming Hazard. Also both full backs got booked in the first half which helps.

Sam, I really appreciate your comments on this forum.

Fabregas needs to be in the side right now. My view is against teams like Swansea keep the usual formation (3-4-3 / 3-4-2-1) with Fabregas in for Matic. And against City, United, maybe Everton start with 3-5-2 with Matic back in and Pedro/Willian being sacrificed.

Having said that, I'm totally confident in Conte getting it right.

On 25/02/2017 at 11:01 PM, Droy was my hero said:

For me we have seen 2 seasons where Kante has been better than Maka and Fabregas (with a break between them) has been better than Lampard.  Which is kind of shocking.

Not that I think either could do it for 10 to 15 seasons in a row.

When the discussions and arguments start for the greatest players of a generation, neither Kante nor Fabregas will figure. Unless you are talking to yourself Droy in which case, carry on as usual.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

Not that I think either could do it for 10 to 15 seasons in a row.

When the discussions and arguments start for the greatest players of a generation, neither Kante nor Fabregas will figure. Unless you are talking to yourself Droy in which case, carry on as usual.

Perhaps you misunderstood my post.

Funny game that saturday. I missed the first ten minutes (left the pub too late) but when I got in we were well on top and in control withput really stretching them. Once we got the goal we stayed in control but didn't look we wanted to put ourselves out to getthe second killer goal. Their goal was well taken but felt avoidable defensively and keeper wise.

Couldnt really see their penalty shout from the MHL but having seen the replay could well have been given and there was still a long way to go, After that I felt we had a penalty shout on Costa before Pedros goal from nothing. I like that about him that he can sometimes magic up something from nothing. He feels like an important player for us this season. Hazard was largely quiet but created the third with some great footwork and excellent cutback. Great finsih from Costa who hadn't played that well, he was just a little off colour, slow to the ball lazy layoffs. But still he is worth having up there as he occupies two players most of the time.

Kante was again very impressive and I liked the option to play him with Fabregas which was probably not what Swansea expected. It feels like Conte has a plan for each game and doing this will keep everyone on their toes which I think is necessary with this squad.

That was an important win two more games and we start counting down the games.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The ball went in on 46:28 seconds. The half time whistle should have been blown about 28 seconds earlier. 

Incidentally, one would assume that Batshuyai wont be here next season, Llorente would be a great squad option IMO.

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The ball went in on 46:28 seconds. The half time whistle should have been blown about 28 seconds earlier. 

But Paul, you've already answered yourself in your previous post. The free kick and the time to take it was the "stoppage" time. Whether or not we agree that the time should be added is moot as the ref decided that it was.

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

2. It was miles over the allotted time

Before someone says, "injury time is a minimum of whatever is shown", the referees are supposed to blow up after that allotted extra UNLESS there has been a stoppage in that injury time. They use the term "minimum" to allow for the case that a player gets injured, or for any other stoppage during the time given. If none, (there wasn't) 

There was.

Edited by Sea foot