• Current Donation Goals

Ham   

Two things;

Why doesn't Costa score more than one goal per game?

Did anyone think that Llorente's behaviour suggested at a possible done deal to us in the summer? He didn't really celebrate the goal and he was laughing and joking with our Spanish players immediately after the game. 

On 2/26/2017 at 3:42 PM, Johnny Blue said:

Funny how we all watch the same game, yet see it so differently. Despite (or perhaps because of) our dominance in the first half, without accruing a safe lead, I was always worried about their knicking one, which then happened at the worst time. I began to fear, second half, that a point was as good as it was going to get, and could even get worse. Even after Pedro's goal, I still didn't think we were looking certain to get all the points, so Costa's goal came as a mighty relief. Wish I could be as chillaxed as many here seem to be, if only for the sake of my blood pressure...

True, but whats funnier is when the same person watch the game the second time and see it so differently. The only difference was, there was no stress during the second time I have watched it, and lots of things caught my eyes.

Kante, is the cleaner, we lose the ball, he gets it back, he never give up.  Faber, Costa, Pedro, and Hazard, they have their own language when they play together, they speak smart football, synchronised, prompt, never waste a second to think, and they always have a ready plan for every situation.

Faber creativity was very obvious, our attacks never were predictable, he opened the centre, and our attack runs were coming from every angle, and for our crosses they were more effective.  

As it is when we say "a good defenders will hide their goalkeeper's flaws", the same applies when you have a good CM's, a good Midfielders will hide their defenders flaws. And when our guys are busy in our opponents box, our defenders and goalkeeper are relaxed. I saw Cahil so confident, he was in Swansea's box numerous times , you would think he is a striker.

It's not always about comparing Matic and Faber, its about whats best for the team, and when Faber is there, he feeds our attackers more balls, with more accuracy, very instant on finding who is worth feeding, and he speaks smart football better than Matic.

I know this issue might start the WW3, but we need some reasoning, and maybe watch the game again.

Good game, we wasted lots of good chances, but at least we dominated, and we won.

kev61   
14 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Which it makes it sound like Kante carries the team, which of course, he doesn't.

Luiz, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Pedro, Costa have all had brilliant seasons.

Costa has now scored in 15 separate matches, which is a great achievement. 

Hugh hit the nail on the head for me Paul.A player like Kante is as rare as hens teeth.I remember when Makelele left Madrid,he hinted he was sick of doing the job of of more than one player in midfield - inferring he was doing the graft and some his team mates were getting the credit.

Kante is a stand out alone player in our team( and in the league)he grafts for the full ninety minutes and if Pogba is worth 90 miillion,in my eyes Kante is worth double that. 

As for Conte...Could you have envisaged such a transformation from last year?.We play good football(thank the lord)we are winning games that we would have lost last season,our vital signs are good - goal difference and wins are the vital signs for me,so yes Conte and Kante are the main reasons for this.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

As for Conte...Could you have envisaged such a transformation from last year?.

Yes - especially those of us with memories that go back to 14/15.

paulw66   
16 hours ago, Sea foot said:

But Paul, you've already answered yourself in your previous post. The free kick and the time to take it was the "stoppage" time. Whether or not we agree that the time should be added is moot as the ref decided that it was.

There was.

There wasn't. Not a stoppage that warrants additional time at any rate. A regular free kick with no talking to, or booking doesn't result in added time. If you added 30 seconds for every free kick, the game would take forever.

Sea foot   

But every ref will let a free kick be taken if it was before the end of time and, then, if it is put into the box and headed into the goal it will be given. Happens every match. If the time runs out whilst a team is attacking the goal, the ref will wait til the initial thrust has stopped. We would have been livid if he'd blown up against us before we'd taken the free. I have no problem with the ref just with our defence of said kick

24 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

But every ref will let a free kick be taken if it was before the end of time and, then, if it is put into the box and headed into the goal it will be given. Happens every match. If the time runs out whilst a team is attacking the goal, the ref will wait til the initial thrust has stopped. We would have been livid if he'd blown up against us before we'd taken the free. I have no problem with the ref just with our defence of said kick

Quite.  I can't remember a single occasion in any game where a ref has given a foul or corner (or even a throw-in) and not allowed 5 to 10 seconds play afterwards.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite.  I can't remember a single occasion in any game where a ref has given a foul or corner (or even a throw-in) and not allowed 5 to 10 seconds play afterwards.

You don't remember Clive Thomas in the 1978 world cup?

One of the more bonkers decisions in world cup history. Allowed the corner to be taken but blew for full time about 1 second later, while the ball was in mid air, about to be headed in.

29 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

You don't remember Clive Thomas in the 1978 world cup?

One of the more bonkers decisions in world cup history. Allowed the corner to be taken but blew for full time about 1 second later, while the ball was in mid air, about to be headed in.

Truly Bonkers.  I don't remember that clearly - but I guess it is a pretty good reason to allow 5 or 10 seconds play if you do blow for a foul.

Sea foot   

I think it was after that that the "spirit of the game" dictated the attack is allowed to have its chance.