Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Swansea City 1

175 posts in this topic

Important game this. Need to win to deflate the chasing pack. Every game that we win from here on in is another fixture ticked off from which others can make up points. Conversely, if we drop points, it gives the others fresh hope. Destroy any notion of hope, and do so emphatically. 

Having said that. Swansea won't make it easy. Clement has made them a hard running and organized unit who minimize their weaknesses. Sigurdsson is one of the most productive players in the league and we'll need to keep a close watch on him. Conte will also be well aware of Llorente and you can be sure that they'll pin him on Azpi for aerial duels.

Swansea will have had two weeks off and whilst that's a good rest I'm not sure it's a huge advantage. Sometimes you need regular games to keep you in the flow so they might not be especially sharp at first.

I really hope we come out of the blocks and take the game to them. I know it's all about points and results at this stage of the season, but I'd really like to see a good performance and an assured result. 

Fabregas to start this one. We need to win most if not all of our remaining home games and I'd like to see Cesc start the majority of them. He should be fresh and could well be our trump card for the run in. 

13 hours ago, Ham said:

If I recall correctly that "kid" wasn't much younger than Hazard at the time. 

Must of been purely by definition, no pun intended but surely he was around 13/14 years of age? Hazard must of been... 20/21?! 

Still, a damn stupid and utterly farcical situation.

The ball "boy" was 17 and Eden was 23 or so.

46 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I think I ironically referred to him as the "ball-man" when it happened IIRC.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

17 and 22 at the time although it was reported like child abuse.  He was the son of Swansea's major shareholder and tweeted before the game that he was going to be needed to waste time.

Odious little by-product of the twitter generation. 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Blimey. Thought they were all under 16 or something.

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

17 and 22 at the time although it was reported like child abuse.  He was the son of Swansea's major shareholder and tweeted before the game that he was going to be needed to waste time.

Odious little by-product of the twitter generation. 

Swansea got out of jail for that, due to the absurd over reaction of what Hazard did. 

A ball boy, whose job it is to get the game started again, was holding the ball and preventing us continuing. Clearly he was under instruction, and something should have been done. 

1 minute ago, Sir said:

Blimey. Thought they were all under 16 or something.

As mentioned above, he was the son of a director who had been instructed to waste time. 

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

As mentioned above, he was the son of a director who had been instructed to waste time. 

Yes I remember. I alluded to such things previously.

Well the little sh.itbag will be laughing on the other side of his stupid face on Saturday.