Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Swansea City 1

175 posts in this topic

Fully fit squad.

Pedro or Willian

Fabregas or Matic

The rest picks itself.

I would be tempted to rest Luiz for this one. Clearly been struggling. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Fully fit squad.

Pedro or Willian

Fabregas or Matic

The rest picks itself.

Luiz has had almost two weeks off. I hope he has made a recovery. He has not been fully fit since Aguero.

I hope we get both the result and the performance tomorrow.

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Fully fit squad.

Pedro or Willian

Fabregas or Matic

The rest picks itself.

Sadly it does. At this stage of the season I've always worried our lack of competition will hurt us. You can soldier on but at what cost? The last time we did that the squad died flat and took 12 months to recover. 

At least we don't had Europe to think about all season so that should take some strain off. 

Think there are several players who look in need of a rest a this stage but we simply dont have anyone to replace them with. 

So the team will almost most definitely be;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Matic, Kante, Alonso; Pedro, Costa, Hazard

We drop points here and we may find ourselves in a position where a big leading position all of a sudden becomes a huge burden. 

People outside the club are trying to make out that the league is a done deal, but we're two bad results away from falling back into the pack.

It might be a crazy thing to say after this amazing run we've been on, but I feel like I need to see a convincing performance as well as a win from us today - Hazard running the show and a double for Costa will do nicely.

This will be a tricky game, but as long as we concentrate and play our game then we should get the result. Some key players have had a decent rest so I'm hoping for a good performance as well as a win here.

Hazard is well over due a big game, so I'm hoping this will be the one and hopefully Costa will chip in with a goal or two again to get him firing for the run in.

Win this and huge frustration for the chasing pack and pressure turned up on them once again.

Courtois

Azpi  Luiz  Cahill

Moses                         Alonso

Fabregas   Kante

Pedro             Hazard

Costa

3-1, Hazard, Costa & Pedro

Cesc starts in place of Matic! Perfect team selection from Antonio for this game. We have enough with our 3/5 at the back plus Kante to be defensively sound whilst also having all of our world class attackers on the pitch. By the way I bet we see a significantly better performance from Hazard today now he has someone else on his wavelength to link up with. 

Assuming it's not through injury that Fabregas replaces Matic today, so an interesting change of tact (and I assume dynamic).  I did wonder whether having played Liverpool and Arsenal, and now facing teams that will apply a slightly different approach than before (as seen with Burnley), when this change would happen.  It will be telling if Conte keeps this up during the rest of the season.

Very interesting that we have both Zouma and Terry on the bench and no Ake. You would've have thought given his versatility it would be him ahead of Zouma but this clearly shows the pecking order. Odd because in the Wolves game he looked a class above Zouma but I guess it maybe a loyalty thing to Zouma who has been working hard with little minutes for quite a while now. 

Tough to predict. Depends how we start, especially if we score early. Or, could be one of those weird 3-2 Chelsea wins. 

Still, doesn't matter we just need the three points today given the Liverpool and Burnley results.

Very pleased Fabregas is starting, but the bench in an attacking sense isn't great. I'd argue we have one attacking option and that's it. Conte clearly isn't overawed by Bats.