Michael Tucker

West Ham 1 Chelsea 2

226 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, zaffo said:

Don't think Kante was as good as what some have suggested. He did some great work but when he continuously gave possession away cheaply with some really poor passing, it undoes everything else. Costa had the same issue, he's drifting too far away from goal, his touch is poor and his passing often poorer - not for the first time. Pedro was much the same this evening too, besides his excellent pass for the Hazard goal. 

Luiz by far our best player, a real commanding performance down back. 

I only remember one stray pass from Kante.  I thought he was brilliant. In fact I remember thinking during the game just how economical he is with the ball.  Almost always makes the right decision. 

We need 8 wins a draw and 2 defeats.

30 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We have 6 home games left, winning all of those would be enough imo. 

31 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We need defeats eh?

Saying that we scraped by with the result is nonsense. That result flattered West Ham. Never in doubt. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DannyLB said:

TH

There are three teams left in the mix, us Man city and Spurs.Man city look strong at the moment Spurs have looked strong all season - but you get the feeling they are not ready to win the league.City are coming up on the rails and are our main rivals.

Next Manu,oh the joy if we put that little narcisstic fool in his place.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

There are three teams left in the mix, us Man city and Spurs.Man city look strong at the moment Spurs have looked strong all season - but you get the feeling they are not ready to win the league.City are coming up on the rails and are our main rivals.

Next Manu,oh the joy if we put that little narcisstic fool in his place.

Man City have a tough run in - they play Liverpool, Arsenal and us all in a row. With their CL fixture prior to that. So that's 4 tough games on the trot which could make or break any challenge. They'll also have Southampton a few beyond that. 

Tottenham have a reasonable run in. They'll have Southampton soon, Burnley away which is tough, a possibly resurgent Leicester, then Arsenal and Man Utd wedged between a West Ham fixture in the final weeks. 

We've got a few tricky fixtures too, however a 10 point lead is a natural bonus and may be just a touch beyond being caught. Although, not taking anything for granted.

6 hours ago, zaffo said:

Don't think Kante was as good as what some have suggested. He did some great work but when he continuously gave possession away cheaply with some really poor passing, it undoes everything else.

"Continuously gave possession away cheaply"?? Kante? Seriously? His pass accuracy for this game was 90% - better than Pedro (76.5%), Hazard (87.7%), Costa (71.4%), and even Fabregas (85.7%). He may have misplaced a pass or two (if that), but from what i saw, he was outstanding.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

"Continuously gave possession away cheaply"?? Kante? Seriously? His pass accuracy for this game was 90% - better than Pedro (76.5%), Hazard (87.7%), Costa (71.4%), and even Fabregas (85.7%). He may have misplaced a pass or two (if that), but from what I saw, he was outstanding.

"Continuously" may have been a bit strong, however he coughed it up a few times when he was under little pressure and play broke down. 90% completion is probably skewed because he plays a lot of short side ways passes, which he should be completing. Just felt like every time he had to make a genuine forward pass he'd fail to hit the target or it was a poor ball to play and put the man under pressure. Otherwise, as I said, his general play besides that was excellent. 

Maybe I just expect a bit more from him when he has the ball. 

Edit: So, I figured out why it seemed so much - he misplaced 4 passes within like 15 minutes of play. Had 5 total misplaced passes, the other being 2 minutes in. Maybe a touch harsh overall. 

Edited by zaffo

Another potential banana skin avoided and another test passed. In terms of consistency this season we have really done well. 

Also, has Fabregas finally sealed his place in our starting midfield lineup? I sure hope so.