Michael Tucker

West Ham 1 Chelsea 2

226 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have fond memories of my first visit to Upton Park, I got a ticket off a tout and surprisingly remember very little about the match.

What I do recall was the banter as we were close to the home fans:

WHU - Who's your father, who's you father, who your; father Vinnie Jones

Your're a bxxxxxd, you're a bxxxxxd, you're a bxxxxxd Vinnie Jones.

CFC - chim chim in ey, chim chim cheroo, we hate those bxxxxxxs in claret and blue

WHU - chim chim in ey, chim chim cheroo. we are those bxxxxxxs in claret and blue

And so it went on and on.

Edited by Jasonb
1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Give it a rest Droy. He was the closest to him after sprinting back to help the back three.

Ball given away thanks to a poor pass from Azpi and an unsuccessful tackle from Fabregas but yes.... Let's somehow make it the fault of Matic who sprinted like a lunatic and very nearly got a block in against all odds. 

The only explanation is that he didn't watch the game and based his opinion on a series of still images. 

11 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

Notwithstanding the love-in here for Hazard's performance last night, I dId get frustrated that on at least two occasions he had the ball at his feet in the their final third, then proceeded to faff about waiting for their defence to re-group. I appreciate that ball retention is a priority, but the odd shot at goal would have been nice (his goal aside, of course).

He frustrates the hell out of me.He has the talent to be right up there with Messi and Ronaldo but he has child like intelligence when it comes to football.You only have to watch his interviews after a game.

21 hours ago, Rob B said:

I hope so too, but if he has, it wouldn't have been last night that sealed it. 

Oh most definitely. 

One of his weaker performances but thats to be expected as he was never the strongest player or the best when in tight spaces.

But that still doesnt change the fact that he should be ahead of Matic in the pecking order. 

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Ball given away thanks to a poor pass from Azpi and an unsuccessful tackle from Fabregas but yes.... Let's somehow make it the fault of Matic who sprinted like a lunatic and very nearly got a block in against all odds. 

The only explanation is that he didn't watch the game and based his opinion on a series of still images. 

Or the other explanation is that Droy will invent anything in his bias imagination to trash Matic at every opportunity because in his mind he must be proven right. Don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda.

3 hours ago, Faramir said:

Or the other explanation is that Droy will invent anything in his bias imagination to trash Matic at every opportunity because in his mind he must be proven right.  Don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda.

Thank you.

^ Explains a lot.  The spouting of made up stuff for one.

"Fabregas was good" - nope, he wasn't, even his biggest supporters admit that.  And as someone who likes to "quote" stats (inverted commas as they're usually twisted), the third party stats confirm this... he was worst player on the day.

"Another assist for Fabregas" - Again no.  Clearly Fabegras was no where near Hazards goal, so assume the reference here is to the corner, which was in fact heading towards Caroll and indeed Caroll got a touch, but fortunately he was surrounded enough for him to not be able to do anything but deflect it behind for Costa to tap into the net.  Looking at the stats, no assist given to Fabregas.

Then there is the photo of Matic alongside the goalscorer which is clearly posted to propose the idea that Matic was at fault for their goal (completing Droys' Fabregas vs Matic agenda).  Not only denying the failure of Fabregas to challenge Caroll allowing the ball into the path of Ayew, not only ignoring the very casual track back of Fabregas to make up his mistake, but ignoring the desperate sprint of Matic, who came from much further back than Fabregas, to try and get to the now exposed Lanzini.  Again lets look at the stats which show a Fabregas error led to their goal.

It pains me to put Fabregas in a negative light as we all know what is capable of, only have to go back to the last game.  However the clear bias shown regarding individuals, and the perpetuation of personal agenda's against other individuals is, as I've said before, just ridiculous.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Thank you. 

Politics aside, you actually believe Matic was to blame for their goal? 

Edited by Michael Tucker
Removal of political comments by Dwmh.

13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

WHU had a bunch of chances, but had poor timing in that the only one that went in was after the game was over.

What chances? They had two all night, one went in, one was blocked my Moses. 

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Politics aside, you actually believe Matic was to blame for their goal? 

No, and he did valiantly return.

But pre-match I made the comment that Conte had decided man-marking the main threat - the referee - was not necessary.  And Matic's ability to get a great view of actual play without actually influencing it was at its most obvious on Monday - hence the comment.

Shame the politics got deleted.  The interpretation of everything through just a few voices is hugely relevant to this site.  Most Chelsea fans on other sites do not rate Matic - nor do many on here.  It is just a few here that take Umbrage that unbalance the debate.