Michael Tucker

West Ham 1 Chelsea 2

226 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No, and he did valiantly return.

But pre-match I made the comment that Conte had decided man-marking the main threat - the referee - was not necessary.  And Matic's ability to get a great view of actual play without actually influencing it was at its most obvious on Monday - hence the comment.

Shame the politics got deleted.  The interpretation of everything through just a few voices is hugely relevant to this site.  Most Chelsea fans on other sites do not rate Matic - nor do many on here.  It is just a few here that take Umbrage that unbalance the debate.

I hate to bite , I really do but , cast your mind back a few seasons to where you were flying the flag for Mikel , nobody could compare to him , people who couldn't see the fuss were decried as "not knowing anything about football" but every single thing you throw in accusation towards Matic could be aimed more succinctly towards Mikel , I lost count of the goals we gave away where just coming into the frame you could see him , just a fraction too late to the party.

Your Matic views are entrenched and incorrect and you may as well stop spouting utter nonsense as you're holding yourself up to ridicule now , like Wenger.

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No, and he did valiantly return.

But pre-match I made the comment that Conte had decided man-marking the main threat - the referee - was not necessary.  And Matic's ability to get a great view of actual play without actually influencing it was at its most obvious on Monday - hence the comment.

Shame the politics got deleted.  The interpretation of everything through just a few voices is hugely relevant to this site.  Most Chelsea fans on other sites do not rate Matic - nor do many on here.  It is just a few here that take Umbrage that unbalance the debate.

So he wasn't at fault, but you post a still photo of him chasing back to try and stop it, in an effort to make him look bad. 

Whether I or anyone else rates Matic is one thing, but what people actually take umbrage with is when you blame him for things that weren't his fault, or say he played badly, even when he hasn't. 

Why go to the effort of finding that picture if it isn't you trying to find something to fit your agenda? 

17 hours ago, Jasonb said:

No Jane, there are more.

Millwall detest us too and when we meet again I expect major trouble hopefully not this year in the FA Cup.

I had some close run-ins with MiIllwall fans in the 90's. There were also problems with West Ham before Frank came to CFC.

Tottenham fans too though I think this is because of the run we had against them since the 90s.

Hi Jason, well yes Millwall would be a no brainer I guess.  Pun intended. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Hi Jason, well yes Millwall would be a no brainer I guess.  Pun intended. 

Excellent. 

11 hours ago, StebzAno said:

"Another assist for Fabregas" - Again no.  Clearly Fabegras was no where near Hazards goal, so assume the reference here is to the corner, which was in fact heading towards Caroll and indeed Caroll got a touch, but fortunately he was surrounded enough for him to not be able to do anything but deflect it behind for Costa to tap into the net.  Looking at the stats, no assist given to Fabregas.

Looking at the stats that makes about 5 or 6 assists not given to Fabregas by the statisticians.  ESPN has PL 37 assists credited to our players and 59 goals.  7 assists to Fabregas - as far as I am counting it is at least 12.

By all means though - go look up the "official definition of an assist" on ESPN, or wherever.  I think you'll find it on the same page as "official definition of winning a headed duel".  

It was another assist - and quite why you'd want to make a point about a single sentence, I really don't know.

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Whether I or anyone else rates Matic is one thing, but what people actually take umbrage with is when you blame him for things that weren't his fault, or say he played badly, even when he hasn't. 

And even when I haven't either.

(Pun missed I see.)

Apropos of absolutely nothing I'm a big fan of magic.  Apparently it's mostly about misdirection.  

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Looking at the stats that makes about 5 or 6 assists not given to Fabregas by the statisticians.  ESPN has PL 37 assists credited to our players and 59 goals.  7 assists to Fabregas - as far as I am counting it is at least 12.

By all means though - go look up the "official definition of an assist" on ESPN, or wherever.  I think you'll find it on the same page as "official definition of winning a headed duel".  

It was another assist - and quite why you'd want to make a point about a single sentence, I really don't know.

You mean the same way you've made a point "about a single sentence" within my entourage of examples of how you've made completely illogical statements?

I'd added a reference to stats, because you like to call upon them as "facts" to support your argument (when it suits you).  I guess because these stats go against your argument they are now not "facts" and as such can not be called upon (funny that).

Even your latest gem, in one sentence you're saying ESPN aren't counting all the assists you'd like them too, and in the next sentence you're asking me to educate myself on ESPN's definition of an assist??

But ok, let's ignore the stats and look at what actually happened.  The corner went to Caroll, I.e. the opposition.  So, why would one want to point this out at random, and not for example mention Pedro's (real) assist?  I guess more to the point, why that photo?  Everyone knows why... your perpetual agenda.

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And even when I haven't either.

(Pun missed I see.)

Trying to understand you droy is like listening  to the song "The windmills of your mind".

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Trying to understand you droy is like listening  to the song "The windmills of your mind".

It's not.

He's never wrong.

He didn't rate Conte before he even came , is now pretending thats nonsense once he's been found out.

Didn't want Matic before he came said he'd be gone by Xmas and he's still here so every game he plays he picks up on his alleged faults with forensic detail so he can win imaginary internet points about it despite still being wrong.

Remember those facts and you can understand exactly where he's coming from.

Comicbook guy made real.

Worst. Player.Ever.

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's not.

He's never wrong.

He didn't rate Conte before he even came , is now pretending thats nonsense once he's been found out.

Didn't want Matic before he came said he'd be gone by Xmas and he's still here so every game he plays he picks up on his alleged faults with forensic detail so he can win imaginary internet points about it despite still being wrong.

Remember those facts and you can understand exactly where he's coming from.

Comicbook guy made real.

Worst. Player.Ever.

???  For someone writing about truth and lies, you could be a PR man.
I'd just like to remind the ordinary posters here that aside from this imaginary Droy you write about, there is a normal poster here as well.  Why don't you imagine your own imaginary poster/ comicbook guy instead and use your excess energy making up stuff about him.  Call him perhaps Mourinho, or Drogba Dives, or JT Shagged His Wife, (these mythic characters are quite used to it).