• Current Donation Goals

Come on guys lets stop this Matic Faber sheaa. We have a slim chance to win the league, drop 3 points to united, drop 3 points to city, but we need to win all the rwst. Wake up and smell the refrees.

30 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

???  For someone writing about truth and lies, you could be a PR man.
I'd just like to remind the ordinary posters here that aside from this imaginary Droy you write about, there is a normal poster here as well.  Why don't you imagine your own imaginary poster/ comicbook guy instead and use your excess energy making up stuff about him.  Call him perhaps Mourinho, or Drogba Dives, or JT Shagged His Wife, (these mythic characters are quite used to it).

And you are using your usual smoke and mirrors to divert the truth.

Two absolute facts that can be borne out by anyone going through your history here :

1 - You didn't want Matic to come when we were interested in buying him , when we bought him, and when he played , taking every opportunity to denigrate the part he played in all our victories and are now also entrenched in the opinion that Fabregas is brilliant , even when he's horrible ( Mikel part 2)

2 - You , when asked to nominate someone to replace Mourinho , refused to do so , didn't fancy Conte , didn't agree with us signing him and invented your own pitiful "standing in the wrong places" slogan whilst he  won and won and won  and won and now that only an absolute idiot would believe Conte to be the wrong appointment you are amazed anyone thinks you weren't behind him from the off.

Not lies , facts .

Why is it always about me? This is why.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Faramir   

Yes, I know I'm helping Droy hijack another thread with his Matic bashing, but I just can't help myself.

Droy, I understand you don't like Matic, but when you invent 'Matic mistakes' with your extreme bias it becomes a ridiculous lie. No other way to express it. To claim that Matic was responsible for the West Ham goal is a lie. A bold faced lie. A total distortion of the truth. The reason I'm going over the top with my assessment of your ridiculous stance with Matic is that it really needs to end. Yes, I get that you don't like the player, and many of us are aware of his limitations and weaknesses. But you embellish and distort the truth to such an extent that it is painful to read, and impossible to ignore.

You can continue with your Matic lies if you so desire, but know that each time you do it chisels away at your integrity on this forum.

Edited by Faramir

Faramir   
On 3/7/2017 at 7:32 AM, samhoward17 said:

Really don't understand the criticism of Costa. The job of a lone striker is a thankless task and he worked tirelessly last night. There is no doubt his touch has not been quite right in recent weeks but even throughout this run I believe he is a more effective focal point than Kane, Lukaku, Aguero, Michy or any other striker in the league. 

He did not stop running all night, constantly pressed both their centre backs and was a complete nuisance.  He always occupies two centrebacks and in the second half began to find his rhythm and but for a world class save would have had a second goal.

Both he and Fabregas are world class and the reason why is they take risks. Fabregas attempts passes which neither Kante or Matic could even imagine and Costa is an unorthodox striker who dribbles awkwardly but effectively. Like Drogba before him when they try these things and they go wrong it can look messy but look at his goalscoring record and consider whether it is worth the odd giveaway. 

Anyway I actually thought we put in a quality professional performance last night bar the late consolation. Inevitably they tried to put us under some pressure from out wide but I thought this was completely ineffective. All of our back 5 were excellent in the air and the threat of Carroll was dealt with seamlessly. Good to see we are starting to improve in the one area of concern.

Luiz excellent once again as was Kante bar a few poor passes. Even though it wasn't Fabregas' best game he still added significant value to the side moving the ball forward quickly. Hazard was on fire and as I keep saying he is a completely different player when Cesc is also on the pitch. They are not always defence splitting assists but unlike Matic and Kante he is constantly firing fast vertical passes between the lines.  This allows Hazard to get the ball in one vs one situations before the opposition have time to retreat deep.

This is also why Luiz is so valuable and last night he looked fitter to me and the incredible passes from pre-Aguero are starting to come back. 

Sam... thanks once again. I agree with your entire post and highlighted the parts which really stood out to me as I watched the game.

I was not able to watch the game live and read some of this match day thread before watching the game. Some on here were critical of Costa, but after watching the game I can't understand why. I was most impressed with his work ethic. He didn't stop running and pressing the West Ham defense. He deserved his goal for the sheer determination he showed all game long. It was not a finesse performance from Costa, but thoroughly impressive.

I think that because Hazard is so good and has such potential to be even better that we sometimes fail to recognize what a gift he is to us. I will be forever grateful that he signed for us, and I hope with his good relationship with Conte that we get to keep him through the prime years of his career. What a genuinely gifted talent, combined with his honesty in how he plays the game. He doesn't dive. Constantly picks himself up and goes again after some brutal challenges in most games. He is not protected much by the refs in 'our' league. I hope this summer that Conte in the transfer market is looking for a player or two that will help Eden enhance even more his unique talent.

Thank you David! A Great defensive display... Apart from Azpilicueta's pass which led to their goal, the back three were excellent.

I disagree with those who claimed that West Ham are not a good team. Like the Swansea game, West Ham made us work all the way for that win. This is a very tough league. Not many easy games. As City can attest to with their draw against Stoke. We are 10 clear points (66 to 56) up on Spurs and City with all three teams having played 27 games.

Thank you Antonio!

Faramir   

The media are going on about the great Barca comeback. But the PSG players just wilted under the pressure and gifted Barca with most of their goals.

58 minutes ago, Faramir said:

The media are going on about the great Barca comeback. But the PSG players just wilted under the pressure and gifted Barca with most of their goals.

Yes, another day where I'll have to turn the radio off: I can't bear all the effusive 'best come-back ever' bollux (with little mention of Barca's myriad attempts to win fouls and penalties by diving).

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

To claim that Matic was responsible for the West Ham goal is a lie. A bold faced lie. A total distortion of the truth.

Yes.  Who said that?  Not me.  Do you get what is going on now?  (Ask yourself "why do you think I said that"?)

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

And you are using your usual smoke and mirrors to divert the truth.

About 50% true - I said it and was right.  About 40% false - not my words at all.
And about 10% meaningless - so what if I thought one transfer was unlikely and it happened - big deal.  So what if I thought Conte hadn't proven himself last summer as the best manager around yet and disagreed with say Zaffo who thought he was God.  Who cares?  We debate stuff here.  Best if we debate the players and matches.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Sir   

Just managed to see our goals. Hazard goal really was fantastic. Assist from Pedro really was class. From what others have said the 2-1 score line slightly flatters WH and Conte rightly a bit pissed about conceding so late again, and in the fashion that we did. 

Faramir   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  Who said that?  Not me.  Do you get what is going on now?  (Ask yourself "why do you think I said that"?)

Who posted the picture of Matic running back to defend in the context of the West Ham goal?  What was your insinuation? You went out of your way to deride Matic, and hint at his responsibility for the goal.

Your view of Matic is extremely bias, so everything you write is distorted and is written in the context of supporting your flawed perspective. It really has become tiresome and in my opinion needs to be moderated on this forum. Yours is not just an opinion, its an obsession. And it is unhealthy for the forum environment. I'm speaking in the context of two + years of this ongoing charade.

Faramir   
On 3/8/2017 at 4:39 AM, Droy was my hero said:

No, and he did valiantly return.

But pre-match I made the comment that Conte had decided man-marking the main threat - the referee - was not necessary.  And Matic's ability to get a great view of actual play without actually influencing it was at its most obvious on Monday - hence the comment.

Shame the politics got deleted.  The interpretation of everything through just a few voices is hugely relevant to this site.  Most Chelsea fans on other sites do not rate Matic - nor do many on here.  It is just a few here that take Umbrage that unbalance the debate.

Droy, if you believe what you wrote here it just adds to your delusion.

You chase Matic around with a pitchfork and attempt to tar and feather him at every given opportunity.

Most Chelsea fans are aware of Matic's weaknesses, but you take it way beyond that. Also, your approach is all or nothing. In your view Fabregas is perfect and Matic is useless. In the case of both players it simply is not the reality.